Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I must have EVERYTHING!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default I must have EVERYTHING!

Are you a scavenger in games or do you play through without worrying about collecting every little knick knack and health pack possible?

I scour every single area as best as I can looking for items, whether they might be relevant or not. The idea of missing a really cool item or weapon or extra ammo because I didn't look hard enough drives me nuts!

What about you?

I turned back 50 hours of FFXIII because I missed a weapon (which I could have bought, I just didn't like the idea of having something no collected). I don't like things to go missing.

Which is part of why I hate games like FFXIII which have treasures that are permanently missable. You should always be able to go back and look around at an area from long ago and still find an item if you never found it the first time.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I find endlessly searching for every little collectable item in the world to be completely and utterly boring. Too many games to play to have time for that nonsense.

It depends on the game. If all those extra objectives are keeping me entertained then heck yeah I'll do it. I try to get as much as I can, but I eventually get bored though. When it comes to Final Fantasy, some of them are just way too much of a pain to waste that many hours on unless your just having a blast. Collecting a bunch of pointless cards in FFVIII...NO WAY. FFXII and FFX I really tried to get as much as I could, but there came a point when I realized I was having no fun, and it felt like a chore, and that's when I usually pull the plug. Oddly enough that's what mmos are all about. You are always out to finish that last task, which leads to another task, and you're never done chasing that imaginary pointless objective. I'm out of the mmo gaming for now so I can laugh about it, but I know when I get back into it those pointless tasks will have me wasting a way forever.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

In games like Dragon Age where the coolest stuff could be anywhere, in any little bush or low level corpse, then I search every corner of the game. Otherwise I loot everything in front of me and don't go too far out of the way unless I know for a fact that something useful/valuable is there.

Also omg the cards in FFVIII were not pointless they broke the damn game.

No, but I couldn't stand doing it. I didn't find it worth the trouble.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It depends on the game for me, honestly. I've always loved the first Kingdom Hearts enough that I almost always try to get everything in every single playthrough. This is partially to extend the game, but I also like to see how quickly I can manage to get everything. I think my quickest time is 23 hours for (as far as I know) completing everything possible in the game. Otherwise, I will just scavenge for ultimate weapons for every character in FF games and that's about it.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eh most of the time, I don't really bother. I usually play mostly for the story considering that's more important to me than having all the items possible in a game.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

I am a scavenger in games, and although I can't claim it, I found your bubble metal king slime pumpkin xDDDD

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Are you a scavenger in games or do you play through without worrying about collecting every little knick knack and health pack possible?
    >>> I tried to that in Xenoblade but I failed miserably..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

CLAIM

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Well, going back to the original point of the thread xD I usually don't care about picking up all the little extra doodads. I've got too much of a backlog to worry about it most of the time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I grab an item if I see it on the screen and some times when I don't need it. While playing Zelda recently I maxed out my rubies and yet, every time I see a ruby appear I have to grab it whether I need it or not. Force of habit.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

smurf that for a laugh. I've never cared a great deal as it is, but ever since I got a full-time job any notion of doing that sort of thing has gone right out of the window.