Thread: Breaking Final Fantasy VI

Default Breaking Final Fantasy VI

Ok, so I finally got around to attempting this glitch, and I've decided to follow the free raft exploit to get my character's HP high enough to be safe while on their journey without the possibility of saving.....but then it hit me. Does this glitch work on the GBA version or just the SNES version?

Final Fantasy VI

Now I'm wondering if all those other fun little glitches from the SNES version exist on the GBA, or if I'm trout out of luck. Anyone know?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not sure. But an easy way to try this in the SNES version would be to emulate it and speed up the game so at least the leveling goes quickly.

I had already began it so I decided to just go about a regular play through rather than risk the hours wasted. I suppose I can figure out how to make a hack if I want to create a weird version of VI. I looked up a few and they seem cool, but I'm not sure how complicated they are to create.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

GBA version fixes all of the exploitable battle/status mechanics. No harm in trying it out.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I only found out about the Airship Glitch the other day, and that blew my mind. The only one I ever really used was the Vanish-Doom one, though as Jowy said, they fixed that in the GBA release.

Yeah. Sadly my attempts to make this work failed. I'm gonna have to youtube hunt this and at least try to enjoy watching someone else perform the glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    GBA version fixes all of the exploitable battle/status mechanics. No harm in trying it out.
    Psycho Cyan still exists.