Thread: Gobble Gobble.

Blog Entries

Default Gobble Gobble.

Sooo Thanksgiving is in like 3 weeks (or less? 2.5? Idk.)..

Where do you go to have turkey day? Do you cook something to take with you if you go somewhere else?

And what's yer fav sides and stuff?

I'm usually at my mom's, but when I was w my ex, we'd go there, but then we'd do our own separate dinner. He'd cook a rabbit. And I wouldn't dare touch it

My mom's oyster dressing and her yeast rolls are the best part, though. Nomnomnom.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a bad feeling that I'm going to be scheduled to work this Thanksgiving, and it's going to be sad. Luckily, if I do, it will be something like 8pm - midnight probably so I won't miss our big family meal.

Anyways, we generally always do Thanksgiving at my parents' house. There have only been two times in my life that I remember having it at a grandparents' house instead. My great grandpa has always made green rice for Thanksgiving, and that's the thing everyone looks forward to the most. He's stopped doing it in recent years, and my mom and uncle both seem to take turns trying to follow his recipe. It's still great, but it just doesn't taste the same for some reason. The other thing I look forward to is mashed potatoes. That's the only time I seem to eat good mashed potatoes.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

There's a good chance I'll be working as well. Not sure yet.

My mom makes GREAT Thanksgiving dinners but she's in Washington and work isn't gonna let me bail over Black Friday weekend. So I'll be having dinner with dad and it's probably gonna be takeout or something.

Blog Entries

My mom's gotten lazy in recent years. She doesn't do her yeast rolls anymore. I need to get the recipe so I can make them myself.

Last year, my dad & I got dragged to a driver's house down the street.. And it was nasty. There was no bird on the table - just a bunch of pre-shaved turkey breast & ham with red eye gravy already poured all over it (gag me) & then the boxed stuffing and canned veggies - all of it was cold. Even the dude who owns the truck shop was like "This tastes like leftovers!" ..

My dad & I were -not- happy that my mom did this to us. lmao.. So that afternoon, my mom & I went & got stuff for a real turkey dinner and we had dinner the next day on their anniversary.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I could eat cranberry sauce and stuffing every day. Love it. I am soooo looking forward to eating myself sick!

I had to work last year for the first time ever, but BJ had a plate ready for me when I got home so it wasn't terrible. This year I'm on maternity leave so I plan to take full advantage.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really like Thanksgiving but this year my sister will have to work a 12 hour shift, so I'm not sure what we'll do.

My favorite things are fried sweet potatoes and homemade macaroni and cheese.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Au gratin potatoes are a regular and constant fixture at Thanksgiving and they are the best thing in the world, no contest.

Blog Entries

What would be great ... Awesome, in fact...

Be completely blasted and eat turkey dinner. I've never done this before oddly enough.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My family usually has a boring ol' turkey along with mashed potatoes, stuffing, and other sides. We're deep frying the turkey this year, which is cool. My brothers will probably deep fry a bunch of other stuff too, like pizza or a hamburger.

Miriel plans on taking some Thanksgiving staples (mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce) and fancying them up since oftentimes these items are made from a powder or can. She's going to use fresh ingredients to make them more healthy and flavorful. I can't wait!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum