Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think fans feel is missing from Square Enix?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I actually really like your FF: Battlefront idea, Mercen-X. In other crossovers I'd like to see, FF Lego would be pretty cool actually

I said it before and I didn't get favourable responses but I don't care, I'll say it again: Less of a Japanese way of thinking. All this J-Pop trout... the west is much less enamoured with Japan than it was in the PlayStation era. Look at Capcom with Dead Rising - that was groundbreaking, because Keiji Inafune, to me, gets it. I'm not saying make it western, just don't make it J-Pop either.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I was thinking about this the other night. Final Fantasy is simply trying too hard. Everybody ends up dying, because the more severe the danger the better right? Remember when FF characters kicking the bucket had lasting impact, and was unexpected?

So while everything appears written by a teenager whose only emotion is deep incomprehensible sadness, the actual story telling falls flat. The Final Fantasy XIII compilation feels like a random mish mash of themes and ideas, but not in a way that works: Final Fantasy VII changed tone repeatedly during the game but it never felt out of place.

There's also the seemingly cash oriented approach to consider. Since the merger, we've seen sequels and spin offs and stupid smurfing mobile games. Granted that some of them might be okay, but there seems to be far less emphasis on making a quality game and more on making a "quality" product. No need to franchise everything - one-offs can be just as successful.

I'm also disappointed with the marketing strategies. When did Lightning Returns first get announced? It feels like half my smurfing lifespan ago, and we've seen trailer after trailer (see: Even the NPCs get a trailer; why?) and I'm simply not smurfing enthused any more. For about twelve months after announcement I was sitting in the day-one purchase group. Now I don't even smurfing care. Same thing with XV: I just... I'm sick of waiting around. If you're going to try and build slow burning hype, then smurfing hell Square Enix you need to blow me away and facial animations are not my thing so I'm just not buying into your stuff.

Final Fantasy was my first great love and it's just felt like we've grown so very far apart.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A completed game with a good story and character development plus immersion. Some of the modern FFs are lacking these. It is like passing motion without a toilet.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good writing. Good worldbuilding and exploration. A sense of progression. Full frontal nudity.

i've been wanting them to gamble money on resource-hogging fad tech for years, so hopefully this year is the year for me. also, full frontal nudity.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So full frontal nude Malboros are not good enoigh for you ppl to fap to nowadays?