Thread: What would excite you about Lighting Returns?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default What would excite you about Lighting Returns?

I think finding out that there are a whole bunch of sidequests that don't involve battling would be pretty exciting. Also, some gameplay variations that don't require you to play as Lightning (like as a summon, for instance).

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

1. I think a nice open city/world, with plenty to do ala Gold Saucer in VII.
    2. More than just one city. With towns, not just one shopkeeper, and at least one little stupid sidequest (jump-roping in IX come to mind) in each of them.
    3. Inns would be nice. I felt like playing XIII and XIII-2 lasted the span of a couple of days for our heroes. Inns give you that sense of realism like weeks are passing as you beef yourself up.
    4. A reasonable storyline.
    5. A good ending.
    6. A battle system that is intriguing and new.
    7. Complete customization for Lightning (which includes whatever type of job you wish to make her).
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I actually think this game looks awesome, and I would play it if I had the system to play it on. I've never played FFXIII or FFXIII-2, but it seems like a pretty fun game on its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Omni-Odin View Post
    7. Complete customization for Lightning (which includes whatever type of job you wish to make her).
    Given that she can do everything effectively in the previous two games, I think it would be quite weird if they suddenly gave her a job. Unless you mean customisations for each of the jobs she can use.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I think finding out that there are a whole bunch of sidequests that don't involve battling would be pretty exciting. Also, some gameplay variations that don't require you to play as Lightning (like as a summon, for instance).
    A correctly spelled thread title would excite me quite a bit!

Anyway, a reasonable story and a good ending. Other than that, the game seems to already have the things I want.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

My main concern in any game is, far ahead of anything else, whether there is an interesting and engaging narrative. Without that, the game can be as awesome as all , I'll still be bored. (Star Ocean 4!!) The downside is, obviously, that I won't know until I play the released game to the end. Lurvely conundrum, entit?
    Next up is actually the music - yes, I'm funny like that. I have heard very little of the music so far, and what I HAVE heard didn't fill me with anticipation...
    Besides that: gameplay mechanics (and, if applicable, mini-games) that don't require a degree in relativistic space physics to comprehend and properly apply. I mean, yeah, I think flight sims are cool and all, and you CANNOT get any more complicated operation than that, but in a console RPG I just want to push a few buttons and see my controlled characters smash things at random... REASONABLY challenging, too! (DAMN YOU, Kingdom Hearts 1! And KH2 for being a push-over!) I'm a little worried by the intricacy of the play-dress-up mechanic, and what they've unveiled about this iteration of the paradigm switcharoo. 13-2 had some really demanding twitch-matches (... that flying Vercingetorix look-alike, and Lightning's DLC) - which I could handle, but only barely.

Finding out about the extinction mechanic raised an eyebrow - finding out there are side quests that award experience points, á la D&D, will raise the other 'brow.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

From what I've seen there isn't a new gunblade! Though from what I read you can get her old weapons if you have save data from XIII and XIII-2.

I'd like some gunblade dlc. Lightning would be awesome with a Lionheart!

Honestly I doubt anything could get me interested in this game. The series started off sub par, and considering the massive love the devs seem to have for lighting, who I find a horribly uninteresting character, there doesn't really seem to be a chance of her getting better.

Their priorties seem skewed all to hell as I know more about her alternate outfits then I do the actual game. Oh, and the fact they felt her boobs were a worthwhile press release. That was also a thing.

Really, there is one thing that might garner some interest from me, and that is more info on the time travel mechanic, though to be honest even that has some wavering interest from me after the extinct species thing. Clearly it's not going to resemble Majora's mask if that is the case, which is what it had been sounding like up until that.

The only hope this game has if it has an absolutely amazing battle system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    A correctly spelled thread title would excite me quite a bit!
    Very easy to please.

I like that you can shift attack styles, and you are free roaming in 3D, i like this idea a lot, i think i plan to get this, it seems pretty cool.