Thread: FF XIV: ARR has surpassed XI in subscribers!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default FF XIV: ARR has surpassed XI in subscribers!

Even though Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn had a rocky launch it has quickly become one of Square Enix's strongest games in a long while. The reboot launched on August 27th and as of September 30th there was a recorded 1.4 million copies sold. 1.1 million of those were physical and 350,000 were digital.

The number of paid subscribers has now surpassed 600,000 which has already exceeded the amount of subscribers that Final Fantasy XI had at the peak of its run. XI was Square Enix's most profitable game in the FF lineup. Now that XIV: ARR has passed the peak amount that XI had, it is soon to take that profitable title.

Recently Square Enix has been planning on bringing ARR to mainland China as well. Once this happens the game will most likely become King of all time Profits at that point. All hail the king!

What are your thoughts on this? Do you feel that this may prompt Square Enix to produce more MMOs? Do you want that?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a good and worthy reward for their hard work fixing their cock ups earlier on. Nice bit of positive reinforcement for them.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Wow, that's quite surprising that it surpassed XI so quickly.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Wow, that was fast. Makes me kinda wanna play this game, or at least watch some videos on its game play. Does it follow the old monthly subscriber way or the trendy ftp (restrict the customer out the ass and make the fools pay more in the long run) engine, or both?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

now it just needs to stay at that level for a few years

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    Wow, that was fast. Makes me kinda wanna play this game, or at least watch some videos on its game play. Does it follow the old monthly subscriber way or the trendy ftp (restrict the customer out the ass and make the fools pay more in the long run) engine, or both?
    The old school "you pay a monthly sub, that's good enough" system with a touch of "oh, but we offer exclusive (admittedly useless) items every now and then that you can get by buying the soundtrack!" etc. Not too bad, really. It's a solid game that I would say is worth checking out at the very least if you like MMO's, or at least want to try one out.

I bet around 5-10% of the subs are bots/gilsellers. xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!