Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fallout New Vegas (and general Fallout) discussion

New Vegas is by far superior to not only Fall Out 3, but any of the elder scrolls titles.
    Last edited by Del Murder; 11-11-2013 at 07:05 PM.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Fallout New Vegas (and general Fallout) discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I voted for a bunch of AAA games and don't care about my Indie cred.

I don't know anyone who would vote for Fallout 3 over New Vegas though. Surely such people do not exist.
    Fallout 3 had a better area to explore and less bugs. New Vegas had (far) better DLC and Nice super mutants. Considering the small amount of better content for the 2 year difference and the fact that they use the same engine, I"m going to say Fallout 3 was the superior game, at lesast until you get to DLC.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post
    Fallout 3 had a better area to explore
    I don't even know how to respond to this. This is worse than when people claim Oblivion is better than Morrowind.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post
    Fallout 3 had a better area to explore and less bugs.
    The DC Ruins were appalling. New Vegas (the area itself) was a lot better to explore. The Mojave and the Capital wasteland are probably about equal, though I'd tip my hat to the Mojave if I had to choose.

Not the point though. Compare the writing and the freedom and choice in New Vegas and come back and tell me Fallout 3 was the superior game. I don't think it's possible within the laws of physics.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Fallout (SPOILER)1 is the best Fallout

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I actually like the one after that more.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I actually like the one after that more.
    agreed
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Fallout New Vegas is my favorite game of this generation. It wasn't even close that game was so good. The amount of exploration and random nonsense I got myself into was insane.

This one time when I was exploring I accidentally got chased by a gang of death claws and I ran for cover in a building. Auto-save...kind of screwed. This was fairly early on in the game (level 12?) and before the first big patches hit. The thing about the patches is that in one of the first few they cut the Death Claw Armor Rating from I believe 30 to 15. They totally nerfed them! Anyway, after much luck and many tries, I got the Death Claws into a fight with those annoying as trout Cazadors. So many wacky adventures.

The thing I absolutely loved about the game was that the story was driven by me and my choices while living in the moral grey area. To me there was no good ending, only different outcomes. They all had their pluses and minuses and was the first game in an extremely long time to make me want to really role play. If I was face to face with Caesar after hearing what he had to say and given the world we live in, would I actually agree with him? His points are valid and the history is accurate. Should man kind have to have this sort of struggle again before we are mature enough as a society to reach democracy or is the corrupt NCR the right way to go and try to fix those problems as we advance with that?

*Fires up New Vegas for another adventure*

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I might have to try New Vegas at some point based on the praise it's gotten.

EDIT: Bah, I'm reading now that the PS3 version is super glitchy and that's the version I would get.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Oh ed, where were you when we had that big long Legion vs NCR thread

Also I would just like to say I have never once encountered a glitch on New Vegas. I think maybe it froze once or twice in perhaps a hundred hours of play and that's it. Most of this glitch business was in the early release that has since been patched out. I would 100% recommend it.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Where was I? I don't know. I don't post or even come here too much anymore :/ I might try to get back into the swing of things again. Lets have that conversation all over again right now with me telling everyone why they are wrong and I am right.

Caesar was right you fools! You need to take off your rose tinted glasses from your understanding of our current society and morals. Place yourself in the land of new vegas where there are random tribes just killing each other and fiends running wild killing whomever the like and doing what they please. You think the NRC can stop them? PPPPFPFPPFPFPFPFPT!!!!!! They have been in control of the area forever and have not made a dent in these problems. If anything everything is getting worse. Caesar would bring order and structure to mankind. The methods might be brutal but it is a brutal world. Things will evolve and become different after mankind is united under one banner. True to Caesar!

Just like old time =D

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post

EDIT: Bah, I'm reading now that the PS3 version is super glitchy and that's the version I would get.
    I stayed away from the game for the longest time because everyone I knew was so in love with it, and it looked like something I'd enjoy too, but I watched so many other people play it start to finish (this was a bad time in my life where I had literally nothing better to do like a job) that I was just sick of it. And in that time it was the 360 version, just released, and it froze and load times got worse and worse the longer they played, and there were a lot of bugs, most of them harmless, but one game breaking bug that my then boyfriend encountered at the end of the storyline. He got all the way to the end and lost everything. It's probably patched by now but god damn that is terrible.

So recently I decided I was finally ready to play, got the PC version on steam and so for it's great, no problems. I'm being Nancy Botwin. I'm bluffing and negotiating and sexing my way out of everything. Maybe next time I'll do a low intelligence run.
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 11-11-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post

Do you not have a game-capable PC? New Vegas isn't that hard to run.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have a laptop that could probably run it but I'm not sure. I don't ever play games on it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

You can buy the Steam version for literally $3 when it's on sale. But if you'd really rather play the PS3 version, I'm sure there's probably a GOTY or something that fixes a lot of the bugs by now? I guess I don't know.

Order of quality:

Fallout 2
    Fallout 1
    New Vegas (or Morrowind, not sure)
    Morrowind (but possibly New Vegas)
    Skryim
    Fallout 3
    Oblivion

I haven't played any Elder Scrolls games besides those three and Fallout Tactics is disqualified from counting as part of the series.