Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jessweeee♪ plays Dragon Age: Origins so she can show you how cool this game is

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Default Jessweeee♪ plays Dragon Age: Origins so she can show you how cool this game is

I have this urge to play Dragon Age: Origins, and I thought it would be fun if I let you guys influence how I play! Especially people who haven't played before. So first thing's first, help me make a character! Here are the six origins we can choose from, determined by our class and race:

Circle of Magi
    Mages are very easily possessed by demons, so they're kept in towers and if they don't behave they are turned into vegetables. Also dwarves can't be mages because lyrium or something idk

Human Noble
    The human noble is from a very very important family and has a really cool dog. Some consider this to be the "canon" origin because it has the most relevance to the main plot.

City Elf
    The city elf lives in Denerim, the Ferelden's capital. In Denerim the elves are forcibly segregated from the humans and live in an alienage. But this is a happy day because the city elf is getting married today oh boy

Dalish Elf
    The Dalish Elves are history nuts living in the wilderness as hunters. They are kind of racist.

Dwarf Noble
    The Dwarven Noble is the king of Orzammar's favorite kid. Dwarven politics is like, really smurfing complicated you guys. We could have a whole separate thread about it. We could have a whole forum about it.

Dwarf Commoner
    The Dwarf Commoner has no caste, which means nobody wants to hire them so they are forced into a life of crime

If we go with an origin other than Magi, we can choose between the Warrior and Rogue classes. Each class has three specializations to choose from.

Also, we have these voice options:

Cocky
    Experienced
    Mystical
    Smart
    Suave
    Sultry
    Violent
    Wise

This is what I'll use to determine the character's personality during dialogue choices if nobody gives a smurf about this thread and I'm on my own in decision making. Also, we need a name!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dorf Noble obvs.
    Warrior, experienced.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

YOU HAVE OT FALL IN LOVE WITH ALISTAIR

I just started playing this recently. I'm a human noble because the dog is the coolest. He is never leaving my active party.

Also I'm a rogue just because I'm never a rogue in games, and man it sucks. Mages are grossly overpowered and make up for my pitifulness, though.

I vote that you play as the Dalish and play as racistly as possible.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Dwarf Noble sounds kind of cool. I should also play this game at some point. Is it basically Mass Effect but in a fantasy setting?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    The Dwarf Noble sounds kind of cool. I should also play this game at some point. Is it basically Mass Effect but in a fantasy setting?
    Combat plays very differently, but the plot is a lot like that yeah. It has the same appeal with the dialogue choices and plot decisions. In Origins it's a lot more dynamic than Mass Effect though. Every decision in Mass Effect boils down to Diplomatic, Aggressive, and maybe a third option. Dragon Age: Origins is less linear and often has several ways of completing an area. The Warden doesn't feel as much like a real person as Shepard does though, I think this is partly because the Warden's lines are not voiced.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    I just started playing this recently. I'm a human noble because the dog is the coolest. He is never leaving my active party.

Also I'm a rogue just because I'm never a rogue in games, and man it sucks. Mages are grossly overpowered and make up for my pitifulness, though.

I vote that you play as the Dalish and play as racistly as possible.
    Rogues and warriors are kind of boring in Origins. Mages are my favorite class. They're overpowered (in Awakening mages can kill things just by walking near them) but there are so many spells, way more than you can actually get in a single playthrough and they all have really neat applications. And in DAII you get a lot of cool dialogue choices as a mage. Rogues are awesome in Dragon Age II though, and the mages have been nerfed for better balance.
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 11-17-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want to play this!

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

I remember this game. It was quite a bit of fun. I was a lovely Rogue Dalish Elf. The racist thing could be on either side, if I recall. And the Rogue and Warrior were both fun to me.

You should choose the Dwarf Noble. That sounds like a great idea.

As far as playing this game goes, I've been wanting to replay this one. All of the DLC and this can usually be found at a very good price.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah in my area the 360 version is like, seven dollars for the original and fifteen for the version with all of the DLC. The PC version with all of the DLC is $20 on steam, I think.

So yeah Dwarf Noble seems to be the favorite. It's surprisingly the most popular among the fans. I'll get started :v
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 11-17-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Aww. I was going to say Magi. Work them spells, baby. Having a team of mages that spam storm spells and Earthquake is really too much of a good thing.

Dwarf Noble, fall in love with Alistair, I beg of you.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Dwarf Noble is my absolute favourite story.

Also smurf Alistair. Metaphorically. I was a colossal asshole to him at every opportunity because he is a gigantic ponce.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

This is a fun game. I ragequit this game when I encountered a bug that made me lose all my equipment, so I never finished it, but I did like it quite a bit, so I wanna give it another shot at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantz View Post
    This is a fun game. I ragequit this game when I encountered a bug that made me lose all my equipment, so I never finished it, but I did like it quite a bit, so I wanna give it another shot at some point.
    Why didn't you just reload...?

Anyway, I recommend playing this Dwarf Noble as a tremendous racist, if that is who you must be.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantz View Post
    Why didn't you just reload...?
    Overuse of quick save. Quick saved before I'd realised what had happened, and then the save before that was from days ago.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Polly is going to be the noblest noble ever you guys.