Thread: Clannad

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Clannad

The visual novel/anime series, not the band.

So I've been completely taken in by my love for Clannad, particularly After Story. It's been more than a month since I watched the anime, I recently finished the visual novel, and after a lot of reflection, I've decided that it's not just my favorite anime, but amongst my favorite works of fiction in general. It has my favorite cast of characters, my favorite soundtrack and the saddest moment I've ever witnessed.

No, seriously, if you haven't seen it, go watch it. And don't you dare stop inbetween or I'll get mad. Nothing's more frustrating than someone stopping before they even get to those particular parts which are the reason I think so highly of it. It really is a series which only gets better the more you watch. It's only about 16 hours in total.

I could go on, but I doubt a two-page-essay on why Clannad is as great as it is is going to persuade anyone who has yet to watch it to do so. But if anyone has, please share your feelings.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never played the visual novel, but I've seen the anime. I honestly feel like "season 1" isn't all that great. A lot of it annoys me until the very end. The ending segments are pretty great. Also, Nagisa's parents are awesome throughout. I just had to force myself through it to get to the good stuff, which is After Story. There is a lot to love in After Story. That being said, I still am not a huge fan of the ending. It doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother most people, but yeah.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I've never played the visual novel, but I've seen the anime. I honestly feel like "season 1" isn't all that great. A lot of it annoys me until the very end. The ending segments are pretty great. Also, Nagisa's parents are awesome throughout. I just had to force myself through it to get to the good stuff, which is After Story. There is a lot to love in After Story. That being said, I still am not a huge fan of the ending. It doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother most people, but yeah.
    I see what you mean. At first I didn't think too highly of Season 1 either. When I finished After Story though, I started to appreciate it more, and even more so as I played through the visual novel. Though of course there's still no comparison to After Story. The ending... yeah, in the anime it feels a bit out of place. It does make more sense in the visual novel. Episodes 16-21 though, that arc is amazing.

If you take any interest in it at all, I'd certainly recommend trying the visual novel. It's superior to the anime and After Story is just as great as always. It even has arcs that were completely left out in the anime.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've thought about looking into the visual novel. I figured some of my issues with the anime are probably handled a little better there. Either way, Clannad is pretty great.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seems to be pretty unknown round here though, sadly.

I just finished Tomoyo After. It was really good. The final arc (it's called Tomoyo After After ) is on par with After Story IMO. So unless you for some reason hate the Tomoya x Tomoyo pairing, I can highly recommend it.

Those eyes O_O
    Not my cup of tea, but aslong as you like it, then go for it

Articles
    Blog Entries

Speaking of Clannad, it's Nagisa's birthday today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NAGISA!