Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121626 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF's Top Games of the Generation: Revelations

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I tried Fallout: New Vegas but it wasn't my thing. I didn't really like the interface. I assume Fallout 3 is similar?

Also, that was a crap speech for this game!
    It's a crap game.
    You must have a crap sense of what is good and what is not.

Del, they both have the exact same interface.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

New Vegas is awesome. Fallout 3 is boring.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They are both great, the end.

Wow. If I had a heart, this would be a knife through it.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A knife through your artificial blood pump then?

Just for the record: if Super Mario Galaxy 2 doesn't win, everyone who voted is an idiot.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Fallout 3 did not make the list! I was hoping for more scathing comments in regards to Fallout 3 being here, but I guess my silly troll ploy did not work as well as I'd hoped. I will make a note to improve my comedy routine for future events. I would have left this up longer, but I am deeply deeply impatient. x3

I wouldn’t have been so drawn to doing such things if I didn’t see so many livid responses about how Fallout 3 shouldn't be appearing on this list since it is so terrible.

Don't worry, there's only one Fallout game deserving of being in the Top 20 according to you lot.

Fallout: New Vegas
    2010 – PC, PS3, Xbox 360
    5 Nominations

So, Fallout: New Vegas. I will admit that I played a lot more of Fallout 3. I found every area in the Capitol Wasteland while boogieing on down to Three Dawg’s radio station. Shortly after I had done this and flattened all the DLC, I started playing New Vegas. Boy, was this a horrible idea. I had entirely burned out on the modern Fallout gameplay and New Vegas played the exact same. If I had one suggestion to make to anyone who wants to play this game it is to not do what I did – if you want to play Fallout 3 first, wait a little while before throwing this one in. I didn’t do half the exploration I could have done simply because I was so tired of the whole thing.

But, despite this, I thoroughly enjoyed playing this through. Which I feel speaks wonders for the game, considering my Fallout fatigue. For the main story, you play as the Courier who is attacked and left for dead. You, however, survive and go out on an adventure to reclaim the all-important package you were delivering. Along the way you find yourself in the middle of a clash between Caesar’s Legion, NCR and Mr House who are all fighting to lay claim to Hoover Dam. Your choices throughout the game determine who you’ll ally with in the end. I went the other route which was allying with none of them and hanging out with Yes Man. I think this was the only option left as I had turned everyone against me. I need to work on my people skills…

The Vegas area was much more interesting than the DC Ruins, and the different faction allegiances were a cool addition – I tried to stay neutral to everyone, but it never ended up that way. This was made painfully clear to me when I wandered into an NCR controlled town, and ended up massacring everyone there. Whoops. In my defence, they shot first and I was not completely aware that the town I had entered had this allegiance when I wandered in. I thought that there was some story-based reason this was happening. Nope. Not at all. I was just looking for somewhere to have a rest and a restock! I imagine that I had just emerged barely victorious from a battle with Deathclaws. I didn’t want to kill anyone.

That is also one of the things I enjoy most about Fallout (as a whole, I guess) – it really is your own story. People may end up making similar story choices, but there are the little things that personalise it, which makes it a wholly original tale to tell for each individual.

So yes, a thoroughly enjoyable game. I suppose the only off-putting thing could be the stories of the bugs. Most of them have been ironed out, but I know it was frustrating when I couldn’t finish a mission because the enemies had spawned inside a rock…

If you want to visit post-apocalyptia, then pick up New Vegas – you won’t be disappointed.

Some more unfortunate titles:
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (4)
    Galactic Civilizations II (2)
    Fallout 3 (2) See here it is
    Infamous 2 (2)
    Dead Rising (1)
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (1)
    Magical Drop V (1)
    STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl (1)
    Nier (1)
    Darksiders (1)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I tried Fallout: New Vegas but it wasn't my thing. I didn't really like the interface. I assume Fallout 3 is similar?

Also, that was a crap speech for this game!
    Yeah, it's the same game but in a different part of the country pretty much. Aside from Fallout 3's superior opening, New Vegas is better. New Vegas even has Matthew Perry. But Muggy is my favorite.

Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues - Muggy - YouTube

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I had assumed from the 'speech' that this was all just you messing around with us. Glad I wasn't mistaken. xD Not that I dislike Fallout 3 to any major degree, mind you (or have any major opinion on it - only played small portions of the game when Danielle got it for a few months).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I enjoyed Fallout 3 as much as I enjoyed New Vegas, and I played significantly more 3. I was the whole who wrote up the speech for this entry, so my opinions are all out in the open.

Judge me as you see fit, EoFF. :3

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I downloaded all the DLC for Fallout 3 that I didn't have as there was a sale yesterday. Fallout 3 is actually a very good game and a hell of a lot of fun. But, like, you know FFVII and you're in Midgar for ages and then you get out onto the world map and it's like.... whoa... I... the world has opened up to me. That is the difference between the two. Midgar was fun, but it was just whetting your appetite.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry Shauna I was busy playing videogames so I didn't see your attempted ruse or you may have got the reactions you were looking for

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I downloaded all the DLC for Fallout 3 that I didn't have as there was a sale yesterday. Fallout 3 is actually a very good game and a hell of a lot of fun. But, like, you know FFVII and you're in Midgar for ages and then you get out onto the world map and it's like.... whoa... I... the world has opened up to me. That is the difference between the two. Midgar was fun, but it was just whetting your appetite.
    That's a very good way of putting it.

One feature that should earn the Fallout games a spot on this list is the Idiot Mode.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The thing 3 doesn't have, you mean?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)