Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11212526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: EoFF's Top Games of the Generation: Revelations

Because SO4 isn't even good. For god's sake, Enchanted Arms is a better 7th generation JRPG than SO4.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    I realize this is a Final Fantasy forum but how the hell did XIII get so many votes while other, better JRPGs weren't even nominated once?

Like Star Ocean 4.
    If you believe that SO4 should have been nominated, maybe you should have done so! The only way games got on this list was to be nominated, so if it's not here... well, you can only blame yourself.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think SO4 belongs on this list and I say that as someone who likes SO4 a lot. xD

Enchanted Arms was not better though good God man.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I thought Enchanted Arms was pretty interesting! That being said, I managed to play a whole hour of it before the disc crapped out and refused to load past a certain point. Great quality there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Because SO4 isn't even good. For god's sake, Enchanted Arms is a better 7th generation JRPG than SO4.
    Who's talking about Enchanted Arms? I was talking about FFXIII and Star Ocean 4 is definitely better than that. Infinitely better environments and dungeons, better soundtrack, better database (the Dictionary >>>>>>>> Datalog for explaining plot info) and overall I hated no one in the SO4 party as much as I hated Lightning.

Oh and oen more thing. The game is actually FUN. By Orphan's Cradle I never wanted to play FFXIII or its cursed sequels again whereas the Palace of Creation and its awesome final dungeon theme both made me feel like I had actually done something worthwhile by playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    If you believe that SO4 should have been nominated, maybe you should have done so! The only way games got on this list was to be nominated, so if it's not here... well, you can only blame yourself.
    Well I just had enough faith in this board to think FFXIII wouldn't get six votes for being one of the best games of the generation.
    More votes than NieR or Tales or Xenoblade and I thought people here loved those games.

If we were doing a thread for the best Games of the 5th Generation, would FFVIII outrank Xenogears?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Six votes and tied with Mass Effect 2, Grand Theft Auto 5, one vote below Demon's Souls and two votes above Crisis Core.

Well played, XIII fans. Well played.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't think I nominated it but now I wish I did

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Well I just had enough faith in this board to think FFXIII wouldn't get six votes for being one of the best games of the generation.
    More votes than NieR or Tales or Xenoblade and I thought people here loved those games.
    Nier was seriously terrible, one of the worst things I have had the displeasure of playing (look at all these differing opinions! Games that I don't agree with got nominated. Oh well. xP). Both Tales of Xillia and Vesperia got 4 nominations each. Xenoblade made the list. The difference between a place on the Top 20 and not was one nomination. The rankings were differing by one nomination. More nominations to make a bigger gap would have been nice, but we got what we got.

Again, SO4 didn't make it because neither you nor anyone else nominated it. Simple as, you can only blame yourself for it not showing up at all. :}

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nier is unpolished greatness Also, it definitely would have been one of the first off of my list of nominations had I just procrastinated my list and wrote it a few days later.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Nier was... addictive. I was compelled to play, not that I was enjoying it all that much. :3

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can understand why people wouldn't like it. Sort of. I just love that if you enjoy the game, playing it a second time actually expands and changes the story quite a bit just because (SPOILER) you can now understand the shades and hear what they are saying and thinking. It makes you feel like a terrible person. I also love the music.

Articles
    Blog Entries

So far the only games I recognize mentioned for the last couple of posts was Enchanted Arms. I have that for the Xbox 360, played a bit and then I quit for some reason...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I can see why people like Nier too! It just wasn't my cup of tea. xD I found it fairly dull, and although some things were pretty interesting, it just wasn't enough. Also the music was painfully repetitive at times. I did complete it to 100%, so I got... something out of it. Love-hate relationship.

I did really like Kaine as a character too! Although, she had dumb clothes, stupid corset-butt.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hate Kaine's clothes. I know they "explain" it sort of it, but it's still stupid. I'll give you that the music can be repetitive too. I still like it a lot. I didn't complete the game to 100% though. I played through it twice and then watched the 2 endings I didn't get yet online. I probably would have hated it if I tried to do 100% since the sidequests are painfully dull after a while. Also fishing sucks in that game and I refused to do that anymore than I have to.