Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Frozen

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post

(SPOILER)Seriously? I did not see it coming. During the second watch I purposefully watched out for any sort of vague hints, and I got nothing. xD

About 'dat

(SPOILER)

Most of the hints are in the love duet/ villain song

Anna: Okay, can I just, say something crazy?

Hans: I love crazy!

• One of Hans' verses subtly reveals his true intentions... "I've been searching my whole life to find my own place." As he sings this line, he gestures to Arendelle. This is a demonstration of Hans, in a sense, claiming the kingdom of Arendelle as "his place." According to Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, the song's lyrics were created in such a way purposely, as it's meant to stand as Hans' official villain musical number, though disguised as a love song to keep his villainous intentions a secret until the third act of the film. However, once the truth was revealed, the song's dark side was meant to be more apparent.
    • This song also introduces the audience to the constant use of doors as a metaphor in the film. This doubles as a villain song, for it is later revealed that Hans' love for Anna was not real love, and that he was only using her as a tool to marry into the throne.
    • One line between Anna and Hans hints at Hans' deception..."our mental synchronization can have but one explanation." While singing these lines, Hans and Anna dance robotically. In a sense, Hans is behaving like a machine. His emotions and his feelings are not real, he is merely manipulating Anna into making her love him so he can marry her and become Arendelle's king. During this entire scene, Hans doesn't feel anything. He is essentially an automaton, a heartless robot.

- Also when attacking Elsa's Ice Castle, Hans looks up at the Chandler and aims the Crossbow at a attempt to kill Elsa and make it look like a tragic accident and him a hero

- And when he's told that Anna is in danger, he looks way too happy, like he smiles and almost breaks his character, because he's too excite of the idea that he good look even more of a hero and thus be stepping to the throne.

I knew about Hans being evil since about September maybe even earlier when the kids books were leaked, but I've seen the movie 3 times and during Hans's plot-twist everybody in the audiences gasps in shock; so imo the twist isn't too predictable though a rare few may pick it up if they're paying attention, mostly during the villain song.

Last edited by maybee; 01-06-2014 at 01:34 AM.

I'm glad it wasn't just me that didn't see it coming. I expected something earlier on, like when Anna first leaves, but he kept being os nice that I thought 'huh. guess not'. WRONG. I was genuinely surprised at how low he was willing to go.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, if it was gonna happen I thought it'd happen sooner.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

watched this thing on tuesday. cool movie! pacing was a bit strange, i felt, and some of the musical numbers felt a bit off.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I'm obsessed with this movie now.

Other than Let It Go and Do you Wanna Build a Snowman, the other songs took some time to grow on me but they definitely did.

The ice in the movie was so BEAUTIFUL! Everything visually about this movie made me squeal and freak out. Elsa and Anna's movements were flawless. I love watching clips in slow motion and analyzing everything. Hip movement, eyebrow movement... holy cow. Everything was just so meticulously done!

I can't stop listening and watching and tumblr'ing this movie. I feel like I have an addiction.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzakeru View Post

I can't stop listening and watching and tumblr'ing this movie. I feel like I have an addiction.
    Same here

Just brought the CD last night

Bees will buzz, kids will blow dandelion fuzz, and I'll be doing whatever snow does in suuuuummmmeeeeer~

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Denmark and I saw this tonight. I enjoyed it, as I am prone to do during Disney films. However, I don't think it's anything special. I was surprised by how minor Elsa's role really is. There's waaaay too many songs in the film, and none of them really stand out. I guess if you had to choose one stand-out song it'd be 'Let It Go' and I still stand by my earlier comment that it was uninspired. The villain plot was weird...the Hans thing coming out of nowhere and the villains from Weinerslave seemed kind of pointless after the Hans reveal.

That being said, I LOVED Anna. She's great. And Sven and Olaf were adorable as well. And of course the film was gorgeous.

EDIT: Also I love, love, love Idina Menzel, but her vocal range was all wrong for the songs they had her singing. It made the songs (particularly Let It Go) sound really harsh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

I saw this last week. I loved the rock people (I cant bring myself to refer to them as trolls) and the music was nice. I tried not to think about how she could create massive lakes in deserts to help dehydrated children or whatever since she has to power to create water out of nothing. I like how it didn't end in a wedding and at the same time wasn't overtly about gurrrl power like Brave. Wish I saw it in 3d

(SPOILER)I already knew about the big twist so I dont know if i wouldve seen it coming but I think I wouldve expected the prince to turn around and become a big jerk when Kristoff became a possible love interest since Disney movies dont end in threesomes.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 02-18-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    (SPOILER)Disney movies dont end in threesomes.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Guys look what I found

frozen-scandinavia.jpg
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I have still yet to see it.

I haven't seen it yet, either, but I wanted to. If it's still in theaters, I probably will, if I have time.

And "Let It Go" won best song at the 2014 Oscars/Academy Awards, and Idina Menzel performed the song at the show too. Demi Lovato also recorded a single version of the song too.

And check this out:

[MASHUP] Let It Go - Idina Menzel ft. Demi Lovato - YouTube

This is what Idina Menzel and Demi Lovato sound like together; someone created this fan-made mashup that makes it sound like they are singing in a duet. I think it's pretty cool.
    Is that your final answer?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought Adele Dazeem was awesome in this movie.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

They screened this at my school, so I went to go see it. It was entertaining, I'd have to give it a 6 though in comparison to other Disney movies. A couple of the songs seemed out of place like the first one. Olfek was pretty funny. I'm glad they switched it up at the end, I would've been severely disappointed if they took the cliche route..

Having just saw it, I was amazed at how damned depressing all the music of this movie was, especially Build A Snowman and Let it go. Especially let it go.

I loved this movie btw.