Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas on a budget

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

shion, I think your gifts are wonderful. Sometimes, though, even homemade gifts can end up being pricy. Some of the best inexpensive gifts that I have received were drawings from Dr Unne and Skye-chan. Those take more time than money but they are priceless to me.
    Last edited by Leeza; 12-08-2013 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Darn typos...
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Blog Entries

I give the gift of love.

No but seriously most of the time me and Pep just get each other something small, and not make a huge deal out of it. Or money if we have it any at all because we don't know what to get each other sometimes.
    now safe beneath their wisdom, and their feet;
    here i will teach you truly how, to sleep.

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

I am unbreakable
    But I do not draw
    I am precious
    But do I have a flaw?

PM/VM answer for a special Ciddies Prize

Won by Calliope - Diamond
    Last edited by Queen Award, First of Her Name; 12-08-2013 at 10:11 AM.

You can do DIY crafts. Scrapbook perhaps.

I try to make stuff as much as possible because it can be a ton cheaper most times and because the present is so unique! I love getting home made gifts too!

My two favorite presents to my boyfriend were two of the least expensive gifts I've ever made/bought.

He loves Oblivion and this is one of this favorite books from the game. I changed the font, printed it, coffee/tea/paint stained the pages, and bound them in a book with thread and padding glue. I made everything and it cost me about $11.00

This one cost me $1.20 to print.

DO NOT READ, SHARKY!I LOVE the idea of you doing an iron on for him. Another fun one to do is bleaching out black t-shirts with a stencil. It is a TON of fun! Here's a link for instructions but there are a ton of them all over the internet: Stenciling with Bleach | Lil Blue Boo
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here is the bear I made him for his birthday:

Awwwwwww! That is adorable! I love the button eyes and I'd make those little arms flap around everywhere!
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Articles
    Blog Entries

Your idea is beautiful Shion, do it. I recommend it. It sounds awesome!

As for Christmas I've got a similar-ish problem. My boyfriend really doesn't want me to buy him anything. It's like, he doesn't want me to buy him anything because then he'll feel like he'd be guilt-tripped into buying me a present, or something, even though I keep telling him (and all my other friends) that I never expect gifts in return.

What should I do EoFFers? Sorry Shion for sort of detracting from your own thread, its just I'm sort of wondering: should I not buy him a present? For I really want to.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Don't buy him a present. If he says not to, then respect his wishes. Make him a card or a mixcd or even frame a photo of the two of you, but don't do anything bigger than that or buy him a gift - you wouldn't want him to feel awkward or like he can't reciprocate your gesture.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Making someone a video as a gift is like the new "giving them a mixtape". If you have a webcam or smart phone/camera phone this can be easily done.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Don't buy him a present. If he says not to, then respect his wishes. Make him a card or a mixcd or even frame a photo of the two of you, but don't do anything bigger than that or buy him a gift - you wouldn't want him to feel awkward or like he can't reciprocate your gesture.
    I once bought a gift for someone who asked me not to and they made me feel horrendous for it. Now, it someone says, "I don't want you to get me a gift" and they sound like they aren't joking, then I don't do it, no matter how good I am trying to make them feel.

I found this - Christmas on a Budget: 50 presents that cost absolutely nothing | Herald Scotland. I don't know why they name presents for specific people here - these could really be for anyone and everyone.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Those are great ideas - I'd love some whiskey (although uhh, that costs money??), photos together, a trip to a museum, friendship bracelet, family scrapbook, quilt (omg!!!), drawing, letter, handwritten jokebook...seriously these ideas are all gold.

Blog Entries

You can't possibly go worse than what my sister got -me- one year...

She bought me a bunch of cheap ass Suave Shampoo & Conditioner.

I can't even -use- that trout. I have to use the entire bottle of conditioner just in one shower to get my hair any type of "normal" + my hair is like 3 ft long literally (speaking of.. I'd like to measure it one day, actually haha...)

Articles
    Blog Entries

I never know what to get anyone when I have money. Gift cards is pretty much the fallback gift we pass out around here when we either want to save money and/or have no idea what you want. Then we just stick it in the card. Though one time my dad put a gift card in a box on top of bigger boxes and gift wrapped it. Or was that a card? I can't remember.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Lottery tickets are always a fun gift that doesn't cost a lot. Plus there's a bunch of different ways you can present and gift them.

I've always found that lottery tickets are a hit at white elephant parties and as secret santa gifts when you don't know what to get the person and you don't want to do a gift card.
    Figaro Castle