Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: EoFF & Amazon - Please read this thread if you ever use Amazon! (NEW LINK FOR .COM)

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Well, I just spent almost three grand on using that link, so hopefully you'll get something for it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

:o Big spender!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Yeah, lol. I'm moving in a few months, and due to some logistics, taking my full tower desktop isn't a great idea.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Just thought I'd say thanks to the people who still use this. The site costs a bit over £40 per month to keep hosted and this is the only way EoFF makes money, so those who are using these links help mitigate the impact on my bank account. I just got £60 from those who use Amazon.ca, which is the first payment I've received in quite a while - I've not received a payment from the .com address since April 2018 ($133) and UK has provided me with about £70 this year too. So if anyone wants to know a way to help out, just use the links under the Amazon drop down when you buy from Amazon and I'll get a little back in!

Spent on EoFF (Linode hosting) this year: About £500
    Earned from EoFF (Amazon) this year: About £130

Definitely not after handouts or anything, and I don't want to use ads after they gave us trouble earlier on (Google Ads in that case), so I won't (and definitely won't give in to the dozen people who keep emailing me every month about their "partnerships" which involve posting their articles full of dodgy advertising). But if anyone wants to buy stuff from Amazon, just use the links and I'll appreciate the helping hand that won't cost you anything, as the prices will be the same for you, but I'll get a referral fee. Cheers again to those who still use the links after all these years! You make me happy.

FFXIV Character

Wait, you're not getting anything from .com? I've been using the eoff link almost exclusively. Will have to check it again.

Edit: Yep, I just checked, using the correct address. Wonder what's up with that.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Christmas is here so hopefully you'll get one whole pound coin from my present shopping.

Merry Christmas

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    Wait, you're not getting anything from .com? I've been using the eoff link almost exclusively. Will have to check it again.

Edit: Yep, I just checked, using the correct address. Wonder what's up with that.
    It needed to add up to $100 before it sent me the cheque in the past, just found they (finally) allowed international bank transfers now which is awesome because it's £28 to bank an international cheque (ridiculous!) at my bank. But yeah, the .com one has got up to about $80 or so at the moment, going up by about $3-5 a month for a while, so it's definitely still working if you're using it. I thank you!

FFXIV Character

£28 To cash an international check? That's highway robbery. Holy crap, can't Amazon direct deposit the money or something?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

They can now! It must have changed some time in the past year because every year or so I get a cheque and get annoyed and check if they can do it and every time up until now they haven't been able to. Great they can now!

And yeah, my bank sucks for international cheque deposits apparently.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just ordered all my Christmas presents on Amazon using this. Bear in mind though I hate my family so I’ve not spent a huge amount.

do you take donations via other means? i can paypal u some monies