Thread: Hitting its strive

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Hitting its strive

Final Fantasy IV (originally II in America) is another in the series I never got around to playing. I hear from a lot of its fans that this was the game where the storytelling in Final Fantasy really started to take off and is responsible for a lot of the staples that appeared in future installments. I vaguely remember hearing something about a love triangle too. I've seen people put it right up there with the likes of VI and VII as the greatest in the series and were wondering where those who have played it on here rate it alongside the others?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I've bought this game five times throughout my life. The story's simple, but the execution is nothing short of brilliant. It set the bar for storytelling in the series only to be raised by other games down the line.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Yeah, FF4 is damn good. I consider it on the elite tier of games, with FF7, FF6 and FFT.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It's my favorite game of all time. The fleshed out story element blew apart my mind when I was a child. I looked like a cross between an Amnesia monster and one of the dudes who melted at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Yep. FFIV is my second favorite title, right behind VI and deserves every bit of praise that is given. I'd snatch a copy of DS and give it a whirl. Any copy will do, but I'd play this video before starting it just to get you pumped.

Final Fantasy IV DS Opening High Quality - YouTube

It was actually the first RPG I ever played so I give it a hell of a lot of respect and loving.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd imagine the DS copy would be easier to find too. I vaguely remember seeing it listed as a PS1 game on the wiki but I'd probably have to look online to find the PlayStation port.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

There was a PS1 port as well, of all the versions I think I would recommend it least (load times).

The DS version is the only one to be remade into 3D, though there are others which have had the 2D artwork re-done. (A lot of people like it, I think it looks so bad that I haven't even picked up those versions to play.)
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<