Thread: Stupid special attack

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Stupid special attack

You know the part where Sabin Figaro appear in battle for the first time and you need to do that special attack with the button combination?

I could never do it. That is the farthest I was ever able to get in the game -_- Did anyone else get stuck at that part? Is it because I was playing the PlayStation version and that makes it harder or what?

Who bright idea was this anyway? Pesky developers demanding I do more than spam the attack button [/sarcasm]

ZAN Restu KEN

Chuck Norris does an Aura Bolt one handed with his sub dominant hand.

OUS!!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm generally dexterously challenged and I still managed it.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

His was my favorite besides machinery...
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

It is just 3 buttons. It gave me trouble for the first time too, but I had very little experience to RPGs at that time. It is extremely easy once you figure it out, and all of three buttons, I believe. I would definitely return and tackle that, because being an Final Fantasy fan that has never beaten the best game in the franchise is like being a Star Wars fan that has never seen the original trilogy. You can do...I have faith! Good luck.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    I'm generally dexterously challenged and I still managed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    It is just 3 buttons.
    You guys are making me feel bad now.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Select blitz as your action.
    Enter the button combination, ex left right left.
    Then hit the confirm button.

yeah it's all about knowing when to input the blitz combination. there's not any timing to it, just make sure you don't hit the buttons in the wrong order

If I remember correctly, I was once playing an emulated version of FFVI when I too got stuck at this part because the game did not inform me about the specific order to press the buttons nor when to press them. I assumed that you had to look in your manual or something of that nature, similar to MGS1's "look on the back of the CD case" which confused me so, so much!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarian View Post
    If I remember correctly, I was once playing an emulated version of FFVI when I too got stuck at this part because the game did not inform me about the specific order to press the buttons nor when to press them. I assumed that you had to look in your manual or something of that nature, similar to MGS1's "look on the back of the CD case" which confused me so, so much!
    Yeah, I was just talking about this moment with someone else and it was the same case for her. Plus I rented the game and I don't think it even came with an instructions manual so that made it even worse.

Blog Entries

Vein was honestly the only reason I got past it. And yeah ... no instruction manual on a GBA ROM so it royally sucked to even do the damn thing. Maybe on an actual console .. it likely would have been far easier. But as it was? I hated it. And worse than the move, the man himself. He may be strong ... but his personality drives me up the wall and not at all in a good way.

-.-

My Top Lists can also be found here.

3rd Year Pureblood Slytherin Here

I think the first time I played on SNES when you hit low HP or the Doom Counter it finally pops up in text to tell you what to do. I had someone with me at the time who told me the buttons and I got it pretty well. After that I had a emulation of the game and learned how to do it on the arrow keys which were a bit tricky when doing half/full circles and the like for his later blitz moves. It kinda helped to play a few old fighters like street fighter 2 and the Dragonball Z fighting games for the Snes to get the hang of doing those Hadoken and blast roll moves.

edited sig image from Tonberry by Randis @ Deviant Art

I once tried to do this with a Turbo Touch 360, and failed at it so many times that I threw the controller across the room and smashed it. I was an angry video game nerd child.