Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have never played this game

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default I have never played this game

Alas, Final Fantasy Tactics enter the bin of Final Fantasy games I have never played. I've seen it around but never picked it up and put it into my system. So I ask you all today, what all have I missed? Have I been deprived of sheer epicness or is it good that I never got around to playing it? o.o Is anyone else like me never having played? Do people tend to go when you break the bad news to them?

Discuss.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is a great game and tied for my second favorite of the series. I would reccomend it. I love the job system. I get 11 characters and assign them each two jobs, except for 3 of the get one job each- Bard/Dancer/Calculator. I change up which jobs I combine usually, but I always keep Black Mage Archer. Because if I was a Final Fantasy character, that is what I would want to be. Mink Geomancer is a good combo too, I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think it depends on what you're looking for in a Final Fantasy game. Tactics has a much more political story than other games in the series, so if you prefer romance in your games, this might not be for you. Other than that, I've been playing it here and there, and it's an excellent SRPG. My one gripe is that I'm still not entirely sure how JP (Job Points, which are how you give your characters new abilities and level up their job classes) are distributed.
    Returners Represent!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've never played it. I don't really like strategy games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

FFT is my favorite game of all time, so you could say I highly recommend it. That said I can easily see how it wouldn't be someone's cup of tea, but I think if you are a fan of the Final Fantasy series you absolutely need to give it a try.

I could talk all day about how awesome it is, but it would be better if you just played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge7 View Post
    I'm still not entirely sure how JP (Job Points, which are how you give your characters new abilities and level up their job classes) are distributed.
    JP are doled out according to this equation:

JP = [(8 + (JobLevel * 2) + [Lv / 4]) * M]

where JobLevel is caster's level at their current job
    (can range from 1 - 8)
    Lv is the level of the person performing the action
    M is 3/2 if the caster has 'Gained JP-UP'
    1 otherwise

JP SHARING
    When unit X gains JP, everyone else in the party will earn
    [gained JP / 4] towards the job which unit X currently has.
    Note: if unit X has 'Gained JP-UP', the extra JP given by that
    ability are ignored in the JP sharing equation.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Best... Final... Fantasy... story.. ever! You are missing out. The game has so big customization that your head will explode. Well, not literally. :P

This, just like FFVI, is a a game you must play as a Final Fantasy fan! This is a very different type of game though, and it may not hold your interest if you just can not get into the style, but I would definitely give it a go and make that decision for yourself. The story, music and characters are all wonderful, so it's really just a matter if you like the class system and the tactical battle system.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is one of the best games you will ever play, hands down.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edge7 View Post
    I think it depends on what you're looking for in a Final Fantasy game. Tactics has a much more political story than other games in the series, so if you prefer romance in your games, this might not be for you. Other than that, I've been playing it here and there, and it's an excellent SRPG. My one gripe is that I'm still not entirely sure how JP (Job Points, which are how you give your characters new abilities and level up their job classes) are distributed.
    Politics?

Politics.

Gimmie!

Are we talking of FFT "the war of the lions"? As my friend gave it to me, as a present last Christmas and I still have never got round to playing it as I was mostly concentrating on monster hunter in terms of PSP games...

You people are making this game sound fantastic, I may check it out later. Is this game anything to do with FFXII? As it sure is similar.
    Last edited by Aquarian; 12-07-2013 at 04:27 PM.

FFT and FFT: WotL are the same games. WotL has some special features.
    XII and FFT take place in the same universe - Ivalice, that's basically the only connection.

Personally, one of my favorite FF games, probably second favorite if not first. It's just something that you don't usually get in an FF game, the story has a very different tone (yes, lots of politics) from the standard FF track. If you have a psp, definitely give it a go. This is all about FFT:tWotL.

The other two FFT games, FFTA and FFTA2, are also strategy games and play more or less the same, but they are tied to FFXII in setting. I'm a big fan of all the FFT games so I can't give a bad review, so if you don't mind strategy games I think you'll enjoy these two as well, but if you had to play only one, definitely WotL

I gave it a go two years ago after hearing good reports about it and really hardout enjoying the ever-loving-toast out of Tactics A2

Only to be disappointed about how slow and draggy it was, and ended up selling it for $ 15

Overrated imo.

Blog Entries

Interesting to note is that the director, Yasumi Matsuno, studied International Politics in college! It really shows in the stories for the games he's worked on, like Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling together, Vagrant Story, and Final Fantasy XII. I tend to think of his games as being something of a series on their own, regardless of whether or not they have "Final Fantasy" in the title.

i really want to play this game and i hear the same thing as you =D

just a warning though if you hunt down the original PS1 disc of the game it will NOT PLAY on a PS2 and you need a original playstation to play it :x

though if you buy the original from PSN you are good to go ^^ i just cannot decide if i want to look for the PS1 version or get the PSP version

people seem to complain about updates/remakes and i always pay close attention to complaining o.o ironic considering i always try my best to avoid complaining about anything xD

i guess i think that most of it is justifed but i always end up playing games for myself anyway :x