Thread: Final Fantasy XVI 16 - FFVI 6 Remake

Default Final Fantasy XVI 16 - FFVI 6 Remake

Final Fantasy 16 should be a Final Fantasy 6 Remake.
    What do you think? Would be great a Final Fantasy XVI for PS4
    Look at this conceptual example.

Final Fantasy 16 XVI - PS4 FF16 - FFXVI Should be FFVI Remake - YouTube

There is also a Fan Remake BSO than can fix perfectly with the game (Balance and Ruin by OverClocked Remix). No need to remix the music again, as this one is THE PERFECT ONE.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

No it shouldn't. I want a new game.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I'd die from a heart attack if ever they announced it, so I'd still never be able to play it. I would love it, but it would also cause an uproar from fan of the other titles. I wouldn't mind them working on it as a side project along with other new releases, but maybe combine it where it also connects to other games to please FFIV, FFVII, or FFIX fans. It would make for one massive game if they were able to turn the most beloved games of the franchise into one huge ass game, not to mention hard as hell to figure a way to connect them, but I think it would probably keep most people happy.

I was thinking about live action films, and how cool it would be if Final Fantasy games were given a movie studio and an excellent director/budget. What would cost more, and what would yield more profit?

FFXVI will not be FFVI remake, but yeah it would make me the happiest FF nerd alive if ever if it did get a ps4 remake. I was reading an article from one of the guys who worked on FFVI, and while he was in the states he was shocked how many people wanted him to sign their copy of FFVI, where in Japan he usually has copies of FFVII to sign, and he got the impression that FFVI was the favorite in the states. I was hoping he'd take that tidbit of info back to Japan in hopes of getting a remake in the works, lol. This iOS thing just is not sitting well with me.

Nice video by the way!

:monster:

I would love to see FFVI properly remade with PS4-level graphics but it's never going to happen. There's way more demand for a FFVII remake and Square Enix has been dithering about that for like ten years now. I can almost even see why FFVII would benefit better from a remake, since it has some rather glaring flaws that could be fixed in a remake (although frankly, the current version of Square Enix isn't competent enough to do so). That doesn't mean a proper FFVI remake wouldn't thrill the hell out of me though.

I also don't agree with the idea that a numbered entry in the series should be a remake of an earlier entry.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries

It doesn't make sense to make a new numbered entry a remake and shouldn't be done. I wouldn't be against a remake of a lot of the older Final Fantasy games but I'd rather they start improving on new entries to the series before they meddle with the classics.

If Square- Enix is un-keen to make a Final Fantasy 7 remake, the chances of FF 6 getting one is pretty damn low.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

This guy made the exact same thread on some other forums too. I just randomly noticed that. I wonder if he'll ever post more than once.

It is completely idiotic to make a remake of an old game, then call it FF16. If it's FF6, then it is FF6, not FF16. A remake shouldn't, and probably wouldn't either, be called anything but FF6 HD/3D/whateverelse.

Of course, all this is moot because it will never happen. At least not before a FF7 remake. Call me again when that happens!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Sounds like he's trying to promote his idea by spreading about the internet. Doubt it will do a bit of good, but at least he sparked up a conversation. If it contributes, even slightly, to promoting the idea of a remake better than iOS then it's for a good cause I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    Sounds like he's trying to promote his idea by spreading about the internet.
    If he's posted this idea on a different Final Fantasy forum then left saying nothing else each time, suuuure does sound like it.

I don't mind if it isn't expensive. Just Don't botch the voice acting!

~ Spoons