Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas Traditions

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

I just remembered one of my favourite traditions, which is that every year I have to wrap Spuuky's brother's present many many times, covering it with random bows and layers of tape and such to make it as difficult as possible for him to extract his present. This year I've upped my game, so his present is inside this. I'm pretty excited for him to open it!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

wake up, make coffee, wait for parents to wake up, wake siblings up while we all huddle around the tree, waiting on our parents. When they finally make it out of bed (they were always up all night wrapping all the gifts), my parents would hand out presents while drinking their coffee. We used to do stockings before presents, but we stopped doing stockings at some point. We would then go our separate ways with our gifts until it was time to go to my mom's parents' for dinner, where we would eat dinner, open stockings, THEN open presents.

Before Peter, Andrew and I woke up, exchanged gifts, watched Andrew's dad open his present, then hang out till it was time to go to dinner. We go to my family's dinner first, then his.

This year, we got up, fed the baby, then helped him open his presents and I opened mine (I'm still waiting for parts of Andrew's present in the mail, making him an emerald dragon necklace), and now we're hanging out until it's time to leave for my family's dinner. I got the best present ever from Peter :') 563570_10151890212439405_1563598229_n.jpg

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sticky buns did not happen because smurf you, I was up until 1 a.m. wrapping gifts.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, if you designed and carved it too then you definitely beat the moose. It's way cute!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

My Christmas tradition in recent years has been to watch The Muppets Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve, and then spend the day playing that year's Assassin's Creed release.

my mum always makes me sit on the floor by the tree and open the troutload of presents she buys me

i appreciate it and all but like im 25 just buy me a jumper and some socks and some booze

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This was the first time in a couple of years where my immediate family and I just bummed around all day after opening gifts. It has been years since something like that has happened, and it was so nice to experience once again.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I went and had breakfast at Denny's and then saw Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug in the theaters. I didn't go in my jammies like normal though. I'd forgotten them at home. So I wore a nice shirt and tie.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Only one tradition left, which is the "boxing up and donating of unwanted crap". Spuuky emailed his family basically threatening to disown anyone who gave him candy or useless plastic things, so there is slightly less crap to weed out this year than previously, and his mother made us dried apple slices and vegan peanut butter cups instead. Well done, dear!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Every year we open up presents on Christmas morning after someone makes breakfast. I think it was bacon and eggs....two days ago and I already forgot. That can't be good.

i am never really sure we ever had a big christmas thing going on. maybe we did put up a tree every now and then and family does come over but it is not the give all the gifts in one visit kind of thing :x

i am not complaining i am just happy to get to see family i do not see often

most of the time the minute december starts members of my family start getting gifts and sometimes nobody gets the last gift untell sometime in january xD

i guess i kind of like it random :x

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Luna Devika (Sargatanas)

we open all the gifts on Christmas Eve and then spend Christmas the one day most of the family has off watching whatever DVDs we got or playing our new games, or just relaxing on the couch. I always have a cup or two of hot chocolate and we usually have a roast for dinner. over all not a bad day. I love spending it with my family just chilling and not rushing from house to house anymore.

So this is love and See you space cowboy were made for me.