Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Disc

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Favorite Disc

Honestly, the first disc for me. It feels just so much more small. Then after that you get into the world travelling and the world ending bosses. I just like the first one. The black waltz baddies. The evil forest. The kidnapping. I like the first disc!

Which was your favorite disc?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

One of the things I really loved about IX was the occasions where you got short-term party members, or times where the party was separated and you followed their branching stories. I thought Disc 2 had a nice mix of that.

You start off with a bang and shortly in you have to fight the Black Waltz 3 and Marcus helps you.

You run in to those weird things at Gargan Roo, which was an interesting way to ride through a place. You get some awesome scenes in Cleyra as well as the return to Alexandria. Beatrix getting to join your party was awesome!

You get to explore the Outer Continent and make it to the Black Mage Village, Madain Sari, as well as the Iifa tree. All three of those places are some of my favorites to visit in the game.

I loved this disc.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's been way too long since I've played the game to remember what happened on what disc. I want to say disc one was my favorite though. I just loved the tone of that disc and how it set up the rest of the game. I also just really love the opening in general with the I Want to be Your Canary play and that short part where Zidane is trying to win the favor of the audience with his fight with Blank. There was just something so satisfying about the clang of the swords and hearing the cheers of the audience in that scene.

Perhaps disc one for me too, although there are more of a mix of fun things on each disc if I'm remembering them correctly. Disc 4 is just the basic last fight stuff, right? That one would have to be the weakest for me.

Disc one as well, It has nice pacing, nice locations and even the ending in Burmecia alone is epic. There were many times in past ten years when I just had the urge to get little of the nostalgy so I simply played through the first disc.

Not saying other discs are bad, both second and third discs are awesome as well each for their own moments but I just feel like the first disc is my dearest.

I replayed the game completely about eight times or so but I finished the first disc at least 12 times.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly can't decide between the first and second. The first is a wonderful story, and the second is a great adventure, and they blend together really well.

I love them both so much.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm with everyone saying first disc! I love Burmecia so much. Seeing Kuja for the first time and fighting Beatrix. I know I had gotten down to everyone in very low yellows for HP, and I was terrified that I'd get a game over. I thought I had to beat Beatrix! Haha.

The second disc is quite wonderful as well. CLEYRA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh yah. When she first fight her and you're like "OH trout. I'M GOING TO GET A GAME OVER" Oh man I tried so hard when I was young. I tried so hard to beat her. I did so much damage and I didn't understand how she wasn't dead yet.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I really liked Disc 1 - as you say, it was all so small and whimsical. I think Disc 1 is my favourite Disc on every one of the PS FFs... however, I think I'm going to have to agree with Lone Wolf Leonheart and say Disc 2 just edges it. Cleyra, The Black Mage Village and the Iifa tree were all real highlights.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

ALL OF THEM

But really I would have to say disc 3.

-The cool scene with Alexander and Bahamut
    -Black Mage Village and Bobby Corwin
    -Getting to go to new continents
    -Desert Palace was an interesting area that I liked exploring
    -Esto Gaza I really liked
    -Getting your airship to travel anywhere, including Daguerreo, which was great
    -Getting to go to Terra, and watching that great scene where Zidane finally breaks down.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think people have made some good points about how great disc one is, but it's disc two for me. The story has really started to get going, you have some pretty cool boss fights (Soulcage and Beatrix among them), and some of the real stand out scenes from the game take place. You also get quite a few surprises like Lindblum being conquered and Brahne getting on the wrong side of Bahamut.

Hard not to say first the first disc because it was my first ff and rpg. However disc 3 has great cutscenes and it really steps up a gear. My omly problem with d3 is the dungeons are annoying as hell.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I think people have made some good points about how great disc one is, but it's disc two for me. The story has really started to get going, you have some pretty cool boss fights (Soulcage and Beatrix among them), and some of the real stand out scenes from the game take place. You also get quite a few surprises like Lindblum being conquered and Brahne getting on the wrong side of Bahamut.
    Yeah I think Disc 2 is my favourite as well. Disc 1 is a great start and usually I love the earlier sections the most but Disc 2 was still just great.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

All of them, but there is a certain charm to the tranquility of Disc 1.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I loved when the plot really took off, so I am going to have to say the third disc. Though I really enjoyed the hell out of the whole game. I feel this is an answer that I will change given what kind of mood I am in.