Thread: Favorite Voice-Actors and Voice-Actresses

Default Favorite Voice-Actors and Voice-Actresses

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Rosiel from Angel Sactuary (Even if the show was aweful),
    Read the manga. The OVAs butchered it completely and have none of what makes AS great.

Now....for the best voices.....

There is no better villain voice for an anime bad guy than Paul Dobson as Naraku.
    Naraku Scenes - YouTube

Unless of course it's Darren Dunsten as Pegasus
    maximillion pegasus face up face down - YouTube

Although Kent Williams as Father in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Mercenary Tao in Dragon Ball, as well as Robert MocCollum as Sensui in Yu Yu Hakusho and Jellal in Fairy Tail, are close.

Oh and there's alsO Terrence Stone who was a perfect Aoshi Shinamori in Kenshin as well as Captain Mayuri Kurotsuchi in Bleach.

Which reminds me, Richard Cansino was an AMAZING Legato Bluesummers in Trigun. Hard to believe the same guy did Kenshin Himura. (he's also Wilhelm in Xenosaga 1)

Jesus, I could go on for days.... I'm trying to give props to the people who don't usually get any.

For actresses, Moneca Stori as Kagome Higurashi was superb in Inuyasha.
    Meredith McCoy as Android Eighteen in Dragonball Z. Her dry yet powerful delivery was perfect for DBZ's strongest gal.
    And then there is also Stephanie Nadolny, the voice of Kid Goku in the original Dragon Ball and Gohan in DBZ. Not so much for Gohan but I love her Goku so much.
    And finally Jessica Strauss, the voice of Sasha in InFamous. LOVE HER....LOVE HER!!!!
    S
    a
    s
    h
    a

And to wrap it all up, Final Fantasy's own Kari Wahlgren who gave us Ashe and Shelke.

Well I'm done for now. You all may proceed.

Michael McConnohie and Crispin Freeman, still the best.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jennifer Hale. I've been a fan of hers since The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest, and am happy to see her get a lot of work in the video game industry.

And Jodi Benson 'cause, y'know, The Little Mermaid. She does a lot of work too, like Barbie in Toy Story 2 & 3.

Mine would be:

German Voice Actors:

Pascal Breuer - my favourite German voice actor; he is the voice actor of Nephrite (Sailor Moon) and Sesshomaru (Inuyasha), he does not have a very dark and deep voice and still sounds manly and cool
    Simon Jäger - Voice Actor of Sephiroth (bad voice acting since he has no dark, cold and serious voice), Heath Ledger (very good) - RIP, Jason Mewes (very good), many Disney characters and actually in many movies and video games
    David Nathan - Voice Actor of Johnny Depp (PotC IV and almost all films of Johnny Depp), Christian Bale (Batman - godly) and also in many movies and video games - I would recommend him to be the voice actor of Sephiroth
    Boris Tessmann - Voice Actor of David Boreanaz (Angel - very good) and Xehanort of the Kingdom Hearts saga (godly)
    Jan Spitzer - Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts - godly), Pintel and other Disney characters, many older roles
    Thomas Nero Wolff - Voice Actor of Hugh Jackman (godly), Ninzaburou Shiratori (Detective Conan), Freezer/Frieza and Omega Yi Xing Long from the Dragon Ball franchise, and in many movies, series and of many Disney characters
    Kim Hasper - Voice Actor of Zach Braff (very good) and Keitaro Urashima (Love Hina)
    Wanja Gerick - Voice Actor of Riku (Kingdom Hearts saga - godly), Hayden Christensen (godly), and many Disney characters
    Marcus Off - Voice Actor of Johnny Depp in the first three PotC movies (godly), of Nanaki in Final Fantasy VII Advent Children and of Colonel John Shepherd of Stargate Atlantis
    Klaus-Dieter Klebsch - Voice Actor of Hugh Laurie, Lionel Luther (Smallville), Yami Marik (Yu-Gi-Oh!) and Inspector Juzo Megure (Detective Conan)
    Anna Carlson - Voice Actress of Videl (Dragon Ball) and many Disney characters
    Giuliana Jakobeit - Voice Actress of Keira Knightley, Ran Mouri (Detective Conan) and Shinobu Maehara (Love Hina)
    Tommy Morgenstern & Oliver Siebeck - Son-Goku & Vegeta from the Dragon Ball franchise
    Thomas Fritsch - Scar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1rsiaJo7ug
    Joachim Kemmer (RIP) - Dschafar/Jafar, Sebastian, Rafiki and other Disney characters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDUsWJWUjiI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNmbizt5zmo

English Voice Actors:

George Newbern - Voice Actor of Sephiroth (godly) and Mevyn Nooj (Final Fantasy X-2)
    Liam O'Brien - Voice Actor of Caius Ballad, Sterkenburg Cranach (Atelier of Arland Saga) and Grimoire Weiss
    Sean Schemmel & Christopher R. Sabat - Son-Goku, Vegeta, et cetera from the Dragon Ball franchise
    Jamieson Price - Voice Actor of Father Nier (godly), Algol (Soul Calibur series), Reeve Tuesti (Compilation of Final Fantasy VII) and the narrator of Catherine
    Troy Baker - Voice Actor of Snow Villiers (godly) and Vincent Brooks (Catherine)
    Laura Bailey - Voice Actress of Kaine (Nier), Serah Farron and Dark Cloud (Final Fantasy III - Dissidia, actually) and Catherine (Catherine) as well as Cyborg 18 from the Dragon Ball franchise
    Ali Hillis - Voice Actress of Eclair/Claire "Lightning" Farron

Japanese Voice Actors:

Toshiyuki Morikawa - my favourite voice actor in general; he is the voice actor of Sephiroth (godly), earlier of Kazuya Mishima
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GcD-YsWOGE
    Maaya Sakamoto - Voice Actress of Eclair/Claire "Lightning" Farron and Aerith Gainsborough
    Miina Tominaga - Karin Aoi (D.N.A.² - Dokokade Nakutrouta Aitsu no Aitsu - godly)
    almost everyone else
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-13-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've posted a list of names before, but I just want to list Alec Baldwin as a narrator because I love him dearly.

Ron Perlman and Judy Greer

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

H JON BENJAMIN

Clancy Brow, John Malkovich, Morgan Freeman, Alan Rickman, Al Pacino, Christopher Walken, and James Earl Jones to name a few.

Sorry, having troubles thinking of females atm!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Stephen Colbert. He is amazingly hilarious at voice acting (Myron Reducto as an example).

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

H Jon Benjamin really should be a voice actor in everything ever.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nolan North (uncharted, drake) i love his voice

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jennifer Hale

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies