Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Drawing characters

I doubt this will get any replies, but

I want to draw my characters for the novel I am working on, to keep a visual reference for myself for motivation and such. The thing is, I can't draw.

Would anyone here either be willing to A)Draw them for me, or B)Help me find some resources that could help me draw them? I'm obviously not expecting to put out something great here, but I would like to be able to draw my characters and have them look somewhat human. I also know there are a lot of very talented artists here, so if any of you are looking for a project, let me know. I would really appreciate your help!

I would like to know what you think of. Please tell me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can draw faces in a manga-ish style, but that is basically where it ends I'm positive there are many more talented people here, though if you think what I can do's enough, I'd be more than happy to help you out I've actually been doodling characters for my novel for some time now and it does indeed help.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Would you be interested in drawing them?

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    If I can fulfill your expectations, yes. That depends on what kind of style you think about and what you want to have drawn.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

As for what you can use, I used this magazine series that was out in Poland that even gave you materials for drawing manga. I guess you get more of those abroad, though they tend to be pricey in the long run. I also used this book, which I highly recommend: Draw Manga: How to Draw Manga In Your Own Unique Style:Amazon:Books It's not the best one there, but it's good as a start, IMO. It does focus on manga comics specifically in later chapters, and some of the material requirements are a bit insane (a light box? Wtf?), but you can usually work just as well without them and it really did help me establish a specific style I can draw you some sketches of your characters if you send me their descriptions to show you how a quasi-lazy use of both sources worked for me. Considering how much I slacked off instead of practicing, I'd say the result is pretty good, and I couldn't draw at all before.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I can fulfill your expectations, yes. That depends on what kind of style you think about and what you want to have drawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    As for what you can use, I used this magazine series that was out in Poland that even gave you materials for drawing manga. I guess you get more of those abroad, though they tend to be pricey in the long run. I also used this book, which I highly recommend: Draw Manga: How to Draw Manga In Your Own Unique Style:Amazon:Books It's not the best one there, but it's good as a start, IMO. It does focus on manga comics specifically in later chapters, and some of the material requirements are a bit insane (a light box? Wtf?), but you can usually work just as well without them and it really did help me establish a specific style I can draw you some sketches of your characters if you send me their descriptions to show you how a quasi-lazy use of both sources worked for me. Considering how much I slacked off instead of practicing, I'd say the result is pretty good, and I couldn't draw at all before.
    I'm not looking for perfection or anything, but I could mognet you both with a description of a character and we could see how it works?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection or anything, but I could mognet you both with a description of a character and we could see how it works?
    Sounds good

Sure you can.