View Poll Results: Will you be playing Lightning Returns?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I plan to get it at release

10 52.63%
  • I plan to get it sometime later

2 10.53%
  • I'll wait and see before I get it

2 10.53%
  • I don't plan on playing it

5 26.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will you be getting Lightning Returns?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Will you be getting Lightning Returns?

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII debuts in English-speaking regions next February. Will you be playing it at release? Sometime later? Not at all?

I'll probably get it close to release mainly because I feel obligated as a staff member of this site to play it. But I will say that as more and more is revealed about the gameplay it does sound really fun and different from the previous games.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Mr Shauna will probably be picking it up on release day, so I will have it in my possession. However, I have not played 13-2 yet, so I don't imagine I'll be playing it any time soon after its release. >.>;

Yeah, but my hopes are low. Actually, I don't think I even care one way or another, but I know I'll give it a shot.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'll probably get it close to release mainly because I feel obligated as a staff member of this site to play it. But I will say that as more and more is revealed about the gameplay it does sound really fun and different from the previous games.
    This sums up my feelings on it pretty well. I'm bored of Lightning herself but I like the whole idea of Doomsday ticking down.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The more I think about it the less interested I am in picking it up, so no.

I am planning on getting it, yes.

I'm not, no. I lost interest in XIII towards the end of the story and because of that have no interest in either sequel.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Danielle and I are already fighting over who gets to play it first.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Nope

Don't like Lightning sorry and imo playing a game where most of the game is centered on a character you despise would be torture.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, what info has been given us on this game has really made me want to play the entire trilogy which I had no interest in up until that point.

Then they said they made Lightning's boobs bigger and more jiggly, plus all those exploitative clothes...

Yeah, I'm a bit torn :/ Plus, I don't' have a current-game console anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    This sums up my feelings on it pretty well. I'm bored of Lightning herself but I like the whole idea of Doomsday ticking down.
    Have you played Majora's Mask?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Getting it on day 1, definitely. Already have the money saved up for it and Bravely Default. Yup... February is an expensive month for JRPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Actually, what info has been given us on this game has really made me want to play the entire trilogy which I had no interest in up until that point.

Then they said they made Lightning's boobs bigger and more jiggly, plus all those exploitative clothes...

Put me in that list. I've never played any Final Fantasy games, prior to this month. Played FF X and loved it, so I decided to grab XIII. It's interesting, playing one game that people consider one of the best in the series, and playing one that people consider the WORST in the series. Especially so close apart where the differences are so glaring, but the similarities as well. I really believe that people need to stop living in nostalgia and get over this or that.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeeessss

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

i still haven't gotten around to beating ffxiii, so i definitely won't be picking this game up. i don't feel anything for the characters in this game for me to want to keep buying them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    Getting it on day 1, definitely. Already have the money saved up for it and Bravely Default. Yup... February is an expensive month for JRPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post

Put me in that list. I've never played any Final Fantasy games, prior to this month. Played FF X and loved it, so I decided to grab XIII. It's interesting, playing one game that people consider one of the best in the series, and playing one that people consider the WORST in the series. Especially so close apart where the differences are so glaring, but the similarities as well. I really believe that people need to stop living in nostalgia and get over this or that.
    I consider X to be the worst of what I've played