Thread: Godzilla Teaser

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Godzilla Teaser

GODZILLA!

I am officially hyped. Anyone have plans to see this next year?

THIS YES OF MINE BURNS WITH AN AWESOME POWER!

I have never seen a Godzilla movie in my life so I suppose I probably should sooner or later. There are 29 other Godzilla movies so I figure this one is as good a start as any.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I always liked the original black and white Godzilla of the 1950's, Godzilla (1985) and Godzilla 2000. Godzilla versus King Kong wasn't bad either.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I liked the Godzilla movie in like 2000 but then again I was a kid and giant monsters are cool.

Of course I'm excited for more giant monster movies!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Godzilla vs Biollante is my favorite so far. I haven't seen many Godzilla movies, though. I'm pretty pumped for this! I love me some kaiju action.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I liked the Godzilla movie in like 2000 but then again I was a kid and giant monsters are cool.
    Giant monsters are always cool regardless of age, unless they're destroying your cities and killing people, then they aren't so cool. But that's a different matter.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

i've been pretty excited about this one since i found out about it. as long as it isn't like the mathew broderick version i have no issues

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Several of my good friends who are all big Godzilla fans are all excited for this and the way they talk about it gives me hope that it will be good. I feel like they told me that the people making this are taking more care to not blaspheme the name of Godzilla like what was done with the Matthew Broderick version. I guess we'll know for sure when it comes out. This monster at least looks like Godzilla, so there is that.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Godzilla vs Biollante is my favorite so far. I haven't seen many Godzilla movies, though. I'm pretty pumped for this! I love me some kaiju action.

TWISTED KAIJU THEATEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Several of my good friends who are all big Godzilla fans are all excited for this and the way they talk about it gives me hope that it will be good. I feel like they told me that the people making this are taking more care to not blaspheme the name of Godzilla like what was done with the Matthew Broderick version. I guess we'll know for sure when it comes out. This monster at least looks like Godzilla, so there is that.
    Yeah, the 1998 film was terrible. The creators of the original Godzilla (or creator, I forget) don't consider that Godzilla a real Godzilla before it lacks the atomic breath. Ironically enough the one that appeared in the cartoon that continued the 98 film (which is actually loads better than the actual movie) is considered a legit version because it actually had the atomic breath and was just overall better.

One of the newer Japanese movies even made fun of the American Godzilla, calling it Zilla and after building it up as being way cooler than it was in the 98 film the original Godzilla comes in and pwns the sucker in five seconds. Best. Scene. EVER!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want to see Godzilla Final Wars so bad so I can see Zilla get decimated.

It is pretty funny, he is just outright thrown away almost as soon as he shows up and Godzilla doesn't give him a second glance when he's done. I had/have a Godzilla fighting game on the Turbo Duo that allows you to play as Godzilla or any of the foes you happen to defeat in campaign (sadly not Biolante though, she does give interesting fights though). The worst/hardest monsters to fight in that game were probably Battra (adult or Larvae) and Super mecha Godzilla since he could OHKO you with a G-Crusher attack once he got in close.

edited sig image from Tonberry by Randis @ Deviant Art

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think there's a Godzilla game for the Super Famicom (never came out in America) that lets you play as Biollante. It's pretty rad.

I feel they've gone the way of Cloverfield in not showing exactly what Godzilla looks like (always veiled in shadow or dust). I loved Cloverfield, so I hope they carry through.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.