Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The Emperor of Palamecia

Dissidia_Mateus.jpg

He is one of the main reasons that I would love a remake of FFII. If they expanded upon the already pretty awesome story for current generations (where they won't have to worry about character limitations in the script and such), I feel like he could be up there with Kefka and Sephiroth as one of the greats!

He didn't even let death keep him from fulfilling his plans of world domination. He just took over hell and rose back to Earth to continue his conquest of Earth. Discuss this awesome villain.

Edit: *Looks at title* Also, I suck at typing. I'm a terrible human being. Discuss.
    Last edited by Shorty; 12-27-2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: I fixed your title because it was bugging the crap out of me. <3

My favourite FF villain, just badass.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I never fully played through this game until the GBA port, but I remember being very impressed with such a dark turn the series took in general, let alone the villain. And the battle system/game mechanics, too.

But yeah, cool villain, especially for its time. Probably would have scared me as a kid if the game was stateside originally.

I've always felt that the Emperor was a really underrated villain. I mean, he's so calm, calculating, and clever, yet so cruel, selfish, and murderous. And as Scotty said, he didn't even let death stop his ambitions and instead overcame it and took over the underworld.

Blog Entries

In fact, Scotty, I would be very more interested if SE decided to make a prequel of the game. The prequel in which tells the tales before the Emperor attacks Fynn as written in the Mumu no Meikyu novelization stated under this article: Emperor Mateus - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research
    And also in this article: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_II_Muma_no_Meikyū
    Imagine if the novel became a prequel of FFII.

If SE would be making the prequel, I would love to see Mateus' mother in person and learn more about Mateus himself before the original FFII and Dissidia. Perhaps he was good and noble until came the day he becomes a tyrant ruler we had known and probably loved. Also, I'm curious whose Mateus' father...
    Last edited by LadyJuxtaposition; 12-23-2013 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Added another link for support.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That would be pretty interesting! I really think the novelization would be interesting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    I've always felt that the Emperor was a really underrated villain. I mean, he's so calm, calculating, and clever, yet so cruel, selfish, and murderous. And as Scotty said, he didn't even let death stop his ambitions and instead overcame it and took over the underworld.

This so much ^

Yes Kefka damaged the world, but this badass managed to defeat God and Satan and managed to control all 3 realms, Earth, Heaven & Hell.

Beat that Clowny boy.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJuxtaposition View Post
    If SE would be making the prequel, I would love to see Mateus' mother in person and learn more about Mateus himself before the original FFII and Dissidia. Perhaps he was good and noble until came the day he becomes a tyrant ruler we had known and probably loved.
    This could be amazing, though knowing SE these days, they would so Cellphone it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I really think the novelization would be interesting to read.
    Yes! I always wanted to read it, but unfortunately I can't read or know any Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    This so much ^

Yes Kefka damaged the world, but this badass managed to defeat God and Satan and managed to control all 3 realms, Earth, Heaven & Hell.

Beat that Clowny boy.
    This makes me think why Mateus didn't get the Best Villain Ciddie trophy during the 25th Anniversary awards event. What you and Evastio said definitely supported the reason why he should get that award. But then again, popularity plays a factor in Kefka's advantage.

No matter, The Emperor is one of the memorable villains in the FF series.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJuxtaposition View Post
    If SE would be making the prequel, I would love to see Mateus' mother in person and learn more about Mateus himself before the original FFII and Dissidia. Perhaps he was good and noble until came the day he becomes a tyrant ruler we had known and probably loved.
    This could be amazing, though knowing SE these days, they would so Cellphone it.
    Yes, like FFVII's Before Crisis spin-off game and SE's All The Bravest. I hope that SE would make a PS version of the FFII prequel instead. I really wanted to see Mateus' mother in person!
    Harmony and Distortion coexist together to support every creature and landscape in the world, including the forces of good and evil. That is how the world keeps on living with a strong balanced composition.
    ~Amanda's Juxtaposition Theroy

Sudden Reaction when both Amanda and Dragonite
    see a romantic Final Fantasy love scene:
    Amanda: Aww, this is so romantic! They would make a great couple together!
    Dragonite: Kiss, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss... C'MON! KISS ALREADY!
    Amanda: Drag, you have no patience whatsoever.

Articles
    Blog Entries

When I first saw him in the CGI opening I thought it was a woman.

Emperor FF.jpg

Emperor FF 2.png

I haven't gotten to any of his scenes yet, but just from the opening he already left a lasting impression on me. Any villains that dies, takes over hell and comes back like a bawse is all right in my book. Until he kills me.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first few times I watched that I thought it was Hilda.

And yeah I like this guy. I can respect a man whose only ambition is conquest and lust for power. Then he died, but then he conquered hell and came back to take another shot at it so... that's pretty dang hardcore.