• Kill her

2 25.00%
  • Choco-boco-lina!

5 62.50%

Thread: Choco-boco-lina

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Default Choco-boco-lina

I can't decide if I want to marry her or kill her. Help me choose - what would you do?

I think the Sazh DLC twist was unbelievably bad and I refuse to take it as canon, by the way. I did crack the hell up when, instead of Noel, Serah, Caius or whoever, I had "Final Fantasy XIII-2 the story so far.... CHOCO-BOCO-LINA! "

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I think she's alright.

I haven't played this game, but she doesn't offend my sensibilities in the brief exposure I've had to her.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Marry Noel, boff Chocolina, kill Serah.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure the "twist" is at least hinted at in the main game as well. I think you can read about who she is in some of the fragments. Either way, it's terrible and stupid.

She isn't that bad, but she's no O'aka XXIII. She just kind of annoyed me. I honestly would have preferred if you could have just talked to random NPCs to buy stuff from.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

People complain that there isn't enough silly fun in these games at the same time as complaining that Chocolina is too silly and that the lore behind her is silly and therefore stupid. I don't get that. She's just there for the fun factor, and I find her to be pretty great at it.

Murd has it right, I think. Although I wouldn't want to marry into that kind of seriousness, so... hmm, dunno.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    People complain that there isn't enough silly fun in these games at the same time as complaining that Chocolina is too silly and that the lore behind her is silly and therefore stupid. I don't get that. She's just there for the fun factor, and I find her to be pretty great at it.
    I don't have a problem with silly fun as long as it's done well. Like, Chocolina, she's just beating you over the head with it - ooh look at me I'm wacky and zany!!! TEH CHOCOBO OF DOOOOOM! and it's like the kind of thing a 13 year old would come up with. Hell, I'm pretty sure if you look at my posts from when I was 15/16 this is the exact kind of trout I would come out with.

For examples of silly fun done well, Zidane's "ooh soft" in IX, The Honeybee Inn Incident and Palmer being hit with the truck in VII and O'aka's little songs in X. To me, they're a lot simpler and cleverer than having this mad woman start yelling at you.

That's not to say I am against her because some of the lines she comes out with are hilarious, but I think there's just too much of her. Brevity is the soul of wit - thirty encounters with Chocolina lately, is she still funny? O'aka is the only comparable example and at least the song was just one little part of his personality.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd probably agree with Psychotic's sentiments here. She wasn't bad and had some great moments, but there was just too much of her constantly. She quickly went from charming and funny to annoying to me at times.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I want to be a time traveling chocobo merchant.

She returns in Lightning Returns, by the way. And other Chocobo Girls.

Dude, out of every annoying FF character ever made... I just... Bah!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.