Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns Pictures

Default Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns Pictures

Articles
    Blog Entries

Looking pretty good. So I guess the "STYLE" is a set of equipment you define yourself? It certainly seems like there are a lot of possibilities and like it'll be fun to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Looking pretty good. So I guess the "STYLE" is a set of equipment you define yourself? It certainly seems like there are a lot of possibilities and like it'll be fun to play around with.
    You determine Costume (Style), weapon, shield, accessories and depending on how many slots for abilites you don't have for obligatory ones, 0-4 of them. Those go from Attack to Ultima.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-14-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-14-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Oh good, multiple different bikini options. Now I don't have to feel so lonely anymore.

I do like the Red Mage outfit though. Thanks for posting them, Sephiroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Oh good, multiple different bikini options. Now I don't have to feel so lonely anymore.

I do like the Red Mage outfit though. Thanks for posting them, Sephiroth.
    Ha, ha, ha, ha.

I made the Red Mage on purpose. It is the costume "Ultimatum". I just colored it red and gave her the hat. The costume has a full power Ultima magic. Black and White Mage Lightning's pics had the same costume, I just colored it differently and gave her the hats.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Some of those outfits, lightning! Put some clothes on dear!

Isn't there an actual redmage outfit though?

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Some of those outfits, lightning! Put some clothes on dear!

Isn't there an actual redmage outfit though?
    There is no real "Red Mage" outfit, just a beginning, a base. It is not necessary. You can give her the spells you want, a costume, color it, put the hat on and name the outfit "Red Mage". There are also enough outfits that are generally the mage outfits. You can name them whatever you want. Except some abilities that show you the classes you make the job class so you can also say "okay, that one is it". There are more fitting ones for certain purposes, of course.

There is Paladin, Dark Knight, et cetera, however.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-14-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Isn't this the red mage outfit?

Last edited by Freya; 12-14-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Isn't this the red mage outfit?

Sorry, I cannot see your picture.

EDIT: I saw it now. But no, while it is apparently called "Red Mage" already that is not a "Must-be-Red Mage", it was done as a "typical one", even with a mixed set of Blizzara, Light Slash (obligatory), Buster Ruin (obligatory) and ATB Charge. It also does even have its normal hiragana as name other than old jobs like Paladin with its katakana (but Akaamadoushi so just forget that part). You can use it as a Red Mage, as well, however. As said, you can make almost everything you want with your costume. Ultimatum is even one of the most powerful costumes (a good sorcerer should be able to cast Ultima, don't you think? and yes, I know the norma l one can't). Technically the "more dress-like" costumes are more for Lightning as a mage. If you want to use that one though, no problem. It (so the above one) is based/inspired on/from it and has a Red Mage ability for it. But you can make your own Red Mage and if I understood you correctly you wanted to dress up her. The hat itself is not from this costume per sé. Head pieces are not part of your costumes. It is a reward. I also would recommend you to make not the most obvious ones the costume you want. Sometimes those are better because of the options - but hey, maybe you want it exactly the other way. That is the good thing in Lightning Returns. You have many ways to experiment. Some good basis classes and recommendations but you can find many other and more efficient ways to make your job class. A costume gives you many options (Soul of Dragoon, Red Mage, Paladin, et cetera still are obvious recommendations as these abilities work only for their respective costume but experiment as you wish). I for example never use that one but the Jungle Fighter, SOLDIER 1st Class and Crescent Moon as well as some others like Ultimatum.

When it comes to being totally strong Artemis Pierce is everything you need. It is super-powerful.

EDIT II. Apparently some costumes have some different names already. Like Crescent Moon.

Hopefully I could enlighten a bit.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-14-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Ooooh you can color the outfits? That's neat.

I've heard way too much about costumes compared to game play, and this worries me. Oddly, it seems a lot of people are also more excited about the costumes over game play too. I'm confused lol.

Articles
    Blog Entries

-trollface.jpg- What's Cloud doing in this game?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    I've heard way too much about costumes compared to game play, and this worries me. Oddly, it seems a lot of people are also more excited about the costumes over game play too. I'm confused lol.
    Don't you remember FFX-2? Cool costumes means cool powers :v