Thread: Clutter & Minimalism

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I got a lot of crap. I attach too much sentimental value to things and it leads to crowding and trout. It would be nice to have a place where I am allowed to spread my trout out though. Like smurf, I wouldn't need to throw out all that much if I wasn't confined to having all my trout in a single room.
    I went to being confined to a 70sqft room to a four bedroom house all by myself. EVERYTHING WAS EVERYWHERE I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

PICK UP YOUR SMURFING CANDY WRAPPER

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

LEAVE IT THERE MAN

SOLIDARITY

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

But where do I put it the trash is full!!!

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

*cry*

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am a freaking mess. I love stuff! Which is kind of bad 'cause BJ's a minimalist. Currently I have my own office that's just full to the brim with stuff.

And we're still renting his grandparents' house, complete with 80% of their stuff, so this house is just stuffed. It's ridiculous.

I want Fuzakeru's house. It's pretty and she's always posting pics on FB, making me envious.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to be a hoarder and now I love de-cluttering. It's especially motivating when you have to move and you realize just how much unnecessary STUFF you have. I think Del Murder and I donated like 6 bags of clothes to Goodwill recently. It's nuts just how much clothes and shoes and makeup and knick knacks and books I've accumulated over the years.

I don't think I'm super materialistic but then again, I always see stuff that I want all the time. Not stuff I need, just cute stuff that I want. Yesterday I went out to buy a birthday gift for a friend and even after swearing to myself that I would not buy more STUFF during this crazy consumer season, I ended up buying myself a present too. Obviously something is wrong with me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I literally have trash on my bedroom floor. A wrapper to some candy I ate a month ago.
    oh I do that too, I have a pile of wrappers and boxes sitting around my full trash can because I cba to take it out.

Thanks, guys! I feel kinda weird about posting it all now. I don't mean to seem like a 'show-off' or something. This has just been my dream home for so long and I love sharing it.

Calliope
    Dealing with lawns, a garage, multiple storeys of house to clean? Yeah, no thanks!
    That is the worst of it. There is ALWAYS something that has to be done. I'm just glad we didn't move somewhere that has a HOA so if we decide that we'd like let 'nature find a way' with our lawn for a week or two no one can fine us. LOL I miss our apartment on days when things break or there's yard work to do.

Pike
    I have a pile of wrappers and boxes sitting around my full trash can because I cba to take it out.
    ....I .....that sounds awful! D: Sometimes I change out the lining in the trashcans in the guest rooms/bathrooms just because the trash can doesn't look clean.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I have no handbags, one cap which I never use (and a beanie, also never use that), one coat, one pair of casual shoes which I also use for work, one pair of formal shoes which are worth wearing and one backup pair of formal shoes for when I don't feel like using my more expensive ones (ie: if I ever get a suit-job again).

I dislike hoarding most things but I do hoard some. I have every FHM magazine since I started subbing to them like a decade ago. I have letters sent to me forever ago, same with cards. I don't ever want to throw things like letters away, ever. Uhm... I should probably throw away a lot of my old socks. Beyond that, no, not much... Danielle hoards more than I do, mostly clothing. I intend on going through a lot of it after Christmas and hopefully building up a lot more space in our flat.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Danielle hoards more than I do, mostly clothing. I intend on going through a lot of it after Christmas and hopefully building up a lot more space in our flat.
    After Xmas is always a good time to go through and clean out stuff since it doesn't feel as painful cause you just got 'new stuff!'

This year I've decided that if I buy a new shirt I must donate a shirt to charity. ...no one has gotten me any clothes this Xmas yet though. I was hoping for a New Orleans Saint jersey but I don't think that'll happen.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

FFXIV Character

Minami Chan (Moogle)

I love hoarding things. Anything. I have loads of FF figurines, living dead dolls, nail varnish, books. Once i get on obsession with something i have to hoard stuff for it . I'm really bad. i hate to give things up/away. I thought about selling my figurines but i just can't

Blog Entries

Nothing I have I want to get rid of. But for me personally, I don't have much anyway.

I don't have much in the way of clothes that fit me right now, but I won't get rid of any of it cuz I plan to fit back into it all soon.

I have 3 purses- yes they're designer. They're Coach. 1 that was bought for me & the other 2 are hand-me-downs from my sister.

I've accumulated quite a few pairs of shoes over the years, but I'm so insanely picky about them, I don't have nearly as many pair as my sister.. Plus we wear the same size shoe and when I'm smaller, same size in clothes so she regularly gives me stuff she doesn't want anymore.

Everything else is stuff that my parents have given me- the dollhouse my dad built, my grandmother's vase & my other grandmother's China set that my mom gave me, pictures, notebooks, cards, etc.

Pretty much everything I own can fit into about 4 big boxes.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, I forgot coats. I have one good lovely DKNY coat that Pantz got for me as a gift, and I have one or two others that aren't really thick material and as such I don't wear them very often. I also have a huge black leather Matrix Neo trenchcoat that was given to me as a gift about ten years ago, but I haven't worn it in about eight. Probably time to get rid of the things I don't wear.

Blog Entries

Ooo! I have 2 nice long wool coats that I got from Target- 1 in black, 1 in this tan/taupe color, 1 puffy coat that I bought for $20 at The Gap a few years ago, and 2 vests.