Thread: "Give me a hug."

Default "Give me a hug."

Final Fantasy VIII - Squall & Rinoa on the Ragnarok - YouTube

Now I must play Final Fantasy VIII again.

Goddamnit, Nappa.

Discuss the awesomeness of the story. I think Final Fantasy VIII has some gems lying in the story, I don't like all that much but scenes like that - especially this is my favourite scene of it. Generally the love stories of Final Fantasy.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-15-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ah, been playing the Steam rerelease and I've only reached this part yesterday. I know many others don't but I really like the story and characters of Final Fantasy VIII. And the amazing soundtrack supplements it all wonderfully.

Plus Triple Triad is freakishly addictive. I probably clocked several hours doing nothing but playing it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Only ever got as far as disc 3, but yeah. I enjoyed what I've played immensely. Curious to see how it holds up when I replay it in January. I was pretty close to the age of the characters so it might have affected how I viewed them when compared to others who found them annoying but I'm not sure if that's the case or not.

Triple Triad was good. I was just crap at the game 8D

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think that there is anything particularly spectacular about the story. They fell short with the orphanage/GF twist, I think, which could have been really cool if I didn't feel like they snuck it in at the last minute before production. Other than that, it's a pretty basic love story. But I'm enough of a bleeding heart that I love it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Other than that, it's a pretty basic love story.
    Exactly those I love. Final Fantasy rarely gets so intense in showing how both main characters have fallen in love. I love this spin when, once Rinoa is saved, she is totally in love with Squall and shows it with her "Give me a hug" and sitting on his lap and all. I agree with you, that many storyparts are not what I would call my favourites but scenes like that show me that it is worth for me, I am just that romantic and think of it as unfortunate that is was missing the last years, except for Snow and Serah and those were also very beautiful if you ask me, especially the proposal or the fireworks.