Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the Worst Movie you've seen recently?

Default What's the Worst Movie you've seen recently?

Recently meaning in the last year, I suppose. Yeah. Last year works!

Mine was at a Halloween Party. We were supposed to watching The Conjuring and ended up watching The ABC's of Death instead. We didn't even make it a third of the way through the alphabet before I just buried my face in my cell phone and tried not to look at the screen.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Last night Spuuky watched Law Abiding Citizen. He said it was an "action movie", so I said I'd glance at it while I was doing some other work. It was so violent and gory it triggered my PTSD and I almost had to run to the bathroom to vomit. The Saw franchise is one of my favourite movie series, but this was just traumatizing, and I only saw little snippets of it.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I just watched Bling Ring solely for Emma Watson, but everyone's acting was wooden and the dialogue was very awkward. IDEK. Watson's was all right, but her character was terrible. :<

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

The only one I can think of is The Game.

It wasn't so much that the entire movie was bad. I thought the middle of the movie was, overall, pretty good.

But it has THE SINGLE WORST ending I have ever seen in my life. The most nonsensical, far-fetched, bulltrout ending I've yet encountered.

I came into the movie expecting to like it, because I'm usually a fan of "mind-smurf" movies, but I was so pissed off when the credits started rolling.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Last night Spuuky watched Law Abiding Citizen. He said it was an "action movie", so I said I'd glance at it while I was doing some other work. It was so violent and gory it triggered my PTSD and I almost had to run to the bathroom to vomit. The Saw franchise is one of my favourite movie series, but this was just traumatizing, and I only saw little snippets of it.
    Are you saying you thought Law Abiding Citizen was gorier than The Saw franchise? If that's the case, that's definitely not true. Or are you talking about the scene where they (SPOILER) rape and murdered his family and made him watch?

Recently the worse film I've seen is Caligula, but honestly I went in to it expecting some really horrible things. The whole film seems like it's more for reaction rather than being a biopic. There's so much more historically they could've focused on, but instead they decided to make every scene focus on someone getting their penis chopped off, sexually humiliated, or other weird sex-related things. I was grossed out by it at one point and I'm the type of person that loves films like A Clockwork Orange and some really disturbing films.

EDIT: Just discovered they made a Caligula II which is apparently worse than the first film.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

recently stumbled on a sex tape my parents made that was at the top of my worst movies ever list

i haven't seen a movie recently that i decided i couldn't finish watching. if i can finish watching it, it must not be a bad movie

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oz, The Great and Powerful. Completely disappointing and just in general god-awfully terrible. Silent Hill: Revelation takes the cake for being the worst movie I've seen in 2013, though, and possibly even in my life. I recognize that the first Silent Hill is nothing to write home about, but I love it because I'm a fan of the games. The second one was just atrocious.

I haven't seen too many new movies this year, comparative to previous years. Non-related to the topic of discussion, I am super excited about 2014 and I think it has a lot of awesome film potential.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly haven't seen that many movies until recently, and I've really only been watching movies that I know I'll probably like. I'm sure there is something, but for now I'll go with The Last Airbender because that is one of the only movies I can't tolerate at all.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Shiny:

(SPOILER)It was a combination of that scene, the judge/telephone scene, and the general sense that unlike in Saw, no one really had a chance to escape.

Probably Olympus Down or Olympus Will Fall or whatever that was. Good intro, but overall weak weak film.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmm... A Polish movie called Afonia i pszczoły (Afonia and the Bees, I guess?). I mean, it's actually not a bad movie at all, I usually enjoy this director's work, but the protagonist is so self-centered and unlikeable that I can't stand it. It's the only movie that made me scream at the screen in frustration. And the film really wants us to sympathize with her, even though she's a horrible, selfish person.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I watched The Great Gatsby on the airplane recently and it was just so bad. Terrible stuff.

Annnd before that Les Miserables. That one wasn't terrible so much as it was extremely long and boring. There were snippets of it that I loved but for the most part it was a clunker. gtfo Russell Crowe!

The second Silent Hill movie, whatever that was called. Saw it in 3D and the effect was cool, but the film was dull as dishwater.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Angel Instrument. That movie wrote the book on pacing problems. The story itself wasn't so bad but it had no room to breathe and you didn't care about any of the plot twists because the movie didn't give you time to care about the characters.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I watched The Great Gatsby on the airplane recently and it was just so bad. Terrible stuff.
    Holy crap, we just agreed on something. I haven't seen Les Miserables yet, but I couldn't even watch more than the first fifteen minutes of Gatsby. It's not really a surprise to me though, given that I hated the book, too.