FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Possibly Beetlejuice for the NES.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I always have a hard time answering these. I have this really irrational fear of "hurting the games feelings". It doesn't make sense.
    I get that, I'm the same way with certain inanimate objects.

Although to add something to the conversation, I'll say that I've heard E.T. for the Atari and Superman 64 for the N64 are universally panned as being god awful.
    I never played ET for Atari but I know what you speak of with Superman 64. My only accomplishment is getting farther in that game than the Angry Video Game Nerd did, but that isn't much to brag about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Anything from the atrocious Legend of Spyro series. They turned it into a brawler/beat-em-up style game. I don't know why they did this. What was wrong with the original Spyro way of doing things? Gone is collecting gems and other things. Gone is interesting level design. Everything is just dark and gritty, you could say. You can run out of fire breath. I don't even understand.

What makes these worse than the other PS2 entries to the series? I don't know. Enter the Dragonfly was broken, which made that bad. A Hero's Tail just wasn't very engaging. They just lacked the charm Insomniac brought to the series, I think, but they tried. The Legend of Spyro just disregards charm and tries to make something.... I don't know. It just makes me mad. xD
    Is that the one where they redesigned him and made him look terrible? Because I had a feeling that was going to suck from the get-go. You run out of fire breath? I don't even.

The first three games are classics and I refuse to acknowledge anything after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I think many of the latter Crash Bandicoot games can be counted as pretty poor as well to be honest.

All our lovely retro mascots, having their name driven into the mud!
    The same goes for Crash.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Anything from the atrocious Legend of Spyro series. They turned it into a brawler/beat-em-up style game. I don't know why they did this. What was wrong with the original Spyro way of doing things? Gone is collecting gems and other things. Gone is interesting level design. Everything is just dark and gritty, you could say. You can run out of fire breath. I don't even understand.

What makes these worse than the other PS2 entries to the series? I don't know. Enter the Dragonfly was broken, which made that bad. A Hero's Tail just wasn't very engaging. They just lacked the charm Insomniac brought to the series, I think, but they tried. The Legend of Spyro just disregards charm and tries to make something.... I don't know. It just makes me mad. xD
    Is that the one where they redesigned him and made him look terrible? Because I had a feeling that was going to suck from the get-go. You run out of fire breath? I don't even.

The first three games are classics and I refuse to acknowledge anything after that.
    That's probably Skylanders you're thinking of, but it's not that one. There was one last attempt to make Spyro important again with The Legend of Spyro before he took a backseat in the Skylanders games. Elijah Wood voices Spyro in these particular games.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I think many of the latter Crash Bandicoot games can be counted as pretty poor as well to be honest.

All our lovely retro mascots, having their name driven into the mud!
    The same goes for Crash.
    Crash Bandicoot somehow never dropped to the depths of crappiness like The Legend of Spyro. There was just a distinct lack of trying and quality with the Crash games.

1386195867555.jpg
    Final Fantasy VII

also the create a wrestler mode was invented by the WCW games so that's worth something aint it?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Botchmun View Post
    also the create a wrestler mode was invented by the WCW games so that's worth something aint it?
    How so? I thought that came into play with WWF War Zone?

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Botchmun View Post
    How so? I thought that came into play with WWF War Zone?
    I was actually quite wrong, as the first game with a create a wrestler mode was a Fire Pro Wrestling game from 1993.

Although to add something to the conversation, I'll say that I've heard E.T. for the Atari and Superman 64 for the N64 are universally panned as being god awful.
    Superman 64 sucks but never got most copies of it buried in the New Mexico desert. I have played E.T. and have no problems saying that this game is the reason there is no magic in this world and the reason america has gone from a zoot suit wearing world power to fatsos in rascals at Wal-Mart.
    Last edited by Botchmun; 12-17-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: edit button means no double-posting.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A recent example for me is Assassin's Creed 3. Jesus smurfing wept. One of my favouite franchises from the generation; I thoroughly enjoyed AC, despite it's heavy flaws, and I loved 2. Brotherhood was like more 2, so I loved it even though it made me feel a little uneasy. Even Revelations was great, despite the warning signs of gimmicky wanktrout. Then comes 3.

Absolutely no redeeming smurfing qualities to that game whatsoever. I am not angry at the game or its developers, I'm just so smurfing stunned that they could make an AC game that bad. I dragged myself through about half of it, just expecting it to get good at some point, but it just kept getting worse and worse and worse as it went on.

I tell a lie; there was one good thing. The dagger on a piece of string was great fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed stringing people up. Ambushing money wagons was pretty much all I enjoyed doing in this stupid smurfing pathetic smurfing excuse of a game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

^ This concerns me since I plan to review that at some point. Ah well, if that be the case it'd be my first negative review since Fighter Maker. Speaking of Fighter Maker, imagine a fighting game where the only thing you have to do is spend hours through in-depth creation options to make your own fighter and once you're done realize you have absolutely NOTHING to do. That game was terrible.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The worst game I have ever played, without qualification, is Versailles: A Game of Intrigue, also known as Versailles: 1685. It was supposed to be a Myst style adventure thing or something but it ended up being a completely stupid featureless non-functional piece of crap that I think was actually a hidden object game where the hidden objects were invisible and unclickable. Like, the game was either so obtuse or so downright broken that I never progressed at all, I started the game and that was it, no progression was possible, no puzzles could be solved, no exploration could be done, I don't believe I even found a single other character to talk to.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Final Fantasy X and Silent Hill: The Room. Wastes of time, both of them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Final Fantasy X
    You wound me, fair lady.

-uses potion on self-

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes clearly properly functioning games that do what they're supposed to are "worst game ever" material when games that are barely playable like Iznogoud and Bubsy 3D, or games that are downright offensive like Custer's Revenge, or games so bad they had to be buried in the desert like E.T. exist.

Sarah once again you need to

e; Same to you Quin, jesus, I was disappointed by AC3 as well but if it's legitimately the worst game you have EVER PLAYED I envy your gaming history beyond words.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sorry that I haven't devoted hours and lifetimes to playing games so that I can properly judge them fairly and equally across the board. You know perfectly well that I haven't played anywhere near the amount of games as the majority of this forum, so I say screw you and your elitism and good day to you.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You should be sorry. You casual.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)I'm not actually sorry.