Thread: Thanks for the tip!

Default Thanks for the tip!

A couple of weeks ago, our very own Parker recommended to me a burger place near to where I live in Cardiff. It was an out of the blue recommendation, so I thought I might try it some day.

A couple of days ago I found myself walking past it, and thought "hey, the place Parker recommended, I shall check it out!". Inside I was greeted with a friendly server, bottomless drinks, and one of the finest burgers I have ever had the pleasure of consuming. So - thank you very much Parker, I shall be sure to try it again very, very soon.

Been given any good recommendations lately? Or have you been the recommendee of anything?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I recommended four people to this forum and got them all to join and post -cheap pop, Mick Foley thumb up and smile-

In the past couple of months I was recommended to try Spelunky, Game Dev Tycoon, Hatsune Miku, DDR games and Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Don't get too many recommendations with food, which is a shame with how much I love food.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Someone recommended I don't bother using salt dough to make my daughter's hand print ornament, so I went with baking soda dough, and it worked really well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post

Don't get too many recommendations with food, which is a shame with how much I love food.
    I'm the queen of Food Recommendations..... In regards to cooking, that is. xD I'm a recipe/cookbook hoarder extreme (mostly digital, that is).

Anywho. Recent recommendations..... Hm. Well. My sister recommended I listen to Royals by Lorde and I was stuck on it for a good couple of weeks.

My boyfriend recommended this Faux Irish "Pub" called The Tilted Kilt (cuz he loves their drunken oysters/clams, but they didn't have those when we went).. It wasn't like amazing mind-blowing food & it was a bit overpriced, but it was something different.

My mom recommended the bacon cheeseburgers from the gas station right beside us & got me one... It was bomb.com ... The last time I was here with BeeJay, I made him get a couple for us... But then I wolfed them both down in like 20 minutes on the way home.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

My husband recommended I watch Doctor Who (which I had planned to do anyway)

I am a Whovian for life

honestly that burger place tho

its really good

like im sure there are probably better burgers around i mean cardiff isnt known for its food really

but if you happen to be in cardiff you could maybe go to the burger place (its the one thats not a chain and tastes good)

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I went to a little indie burger joint called "TGI Fridays" at a side street called the St. David's Centre when I visited Cardiff recently. Good stuff, you Welsh know how to make a food.

nice try

Articles

It's a true event though. And the St. David's Centre has a really nice big Chrimbo tree in the middle of it.

i know i saw you and span around 180 degrees on one heel so fast and got the hell out of sight

it was really swift but elegant like in a movie and i sorta wish you had seen it altho that would defeat the purpose

Articles

I also recommend "Sainsburys Local" in Cardiff. It was in the Bay area near the big building with the words on it that probably cost a lot of government money as a token gesture to placate the Welsh.

I actually escaped to the bay and, once again, saw you sort of wandering around looking at the big words and scratching your shiny head and i sorta sprinted as fast as i could and swan dived over the barriers and into the murky cardiff bay waters. i swam to a tour boat and ate some welsh cakes and watched you from afar.

it was a really impeccable dive and i wish you had seen it but that might have led to some kind of interaction which is exactly the opposite of what i was looking for