Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a rant about how i hate yahoo mail

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Security questions are the worst trout ever. I never write anything even close to accurate in them because i consider them enforced security risks.

All of them either ask questions that don't have valid answers to me, or are extremely easy to figure out if you actually know that I exist.

Where did you go to primary school? In your mother.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I've had my Yahoo account since 1999, never had any issues with it aside from the fact it pretty much gets spammed to the rafters now where my e-mail has existed for so long and has been used at so many places. It's pretty much my junk mail account now

It's also never asked me to change my password ever since I setup SMS recovery on it a few years ago. So weird it's making you go through all that hassle Jess. :s

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

whywhwywhwywhwywgywghywghwhwywhwywhywhnywhwhywhywhy

IT HAPPENED AGAIN. I threw away my sticky note because keeping sticky notes with your passwords on them is stupid and lame. so naturally I've forgotten it because I've had to change it so many times so it's like, "ok lets send an email to your other email account to verify its you." And I'm like ok. Great. My xbox live email. NOPE can't get to my xbox live email because now microsoft started on some weird "all in one" bull and they want to send something to my yahoo email to verify I'm me.

it never ends! IT NEVER ENDS

10 years of using yahoo with no problems, suddenly problems every day for two years ; ;

my password can't be the same as previous passwords and i think i've exhausted all of the passwords i can remember

Blog Entries

Why are you just not strictly using Gmail by now!?

Yeah, Microsoft locked me out of my account for like a year, until I got sick of it and needed to use my XBox again. I forget what actually prompted me to fix it, but there was QUITE a lot of flaming hoops to jump through. Considering the phone number they had on file was invalid, and it wouldn't let me know what it was or change it since it needed to be verified first

I have to agree, I've never had any issues with Google. I've had a GMail since it was invite-only. Didn't actually use it until I got my first smart phone that required an email link. But ever since then it's been my main email service. I have a Windows phone now, so I have to pay attention to my hotmail just as much. But I haven't had any issues with that for a few years now either. But yeah. When I first came across microsoft's account issues, it was a couple days of craziness. So I can completely understand

I don't know why you would hate Gmail so much, but really, I'd say they're your best bet at the moment if Yahoo is going to be that stupid. But if you want to use Hotmail, it's not a lost cause (or at least it shouldn't be), and if you're like me, once you get through those hoops it won't be so bad. Just make sure you update everything in your profile once you get in, so changing your password the next time you forget won't be so bad. I've had to reset my hotmail a couple of times since, but it hasn't been nearly the headache as that first time. Which seems to be what EVERY time is for you and Yahoo. And I would have given up on that right quick. But I dunno

What browser do you use? I've gotten to the point where I have Google Chrome tell me what my passwords are for certain sites because I get tired of forgetting and having to reset. I assume Firefox and Opera also have a password storage thing you can look at somewhere in the settings. It's quite handy. No post-it note required

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

gmail is the only free web mail worth even thinking about tbh
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

No one is going to agree with me on this, but I don't primarily use a gmail address simply because I am still irritated that they did that whole ~special invite~ thing when it first was introduced. That kind of ~exclusive~ bulls*** never sat right with me. Then they tried to do that sort of thing again with Google+ and look how well that turned out for them.

Long story short, f*** gmail.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I do use gmail. But I had the yahoo mail account years before gmail was even a thing and I don't even want to fathom trying to change over the address for every. single. thing. I registered it to.

Wasn't Facebook invite only once they stopped being exclusive to college and stuff? It'd be a good reason to hate them too :P Not that there's much there to care about anymore anyway

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Wasn't Facebook invite only once they stopped being exclusive to college and stuff? It'd be a good reason to hate them too :P Not that there's much there to care about anymore anyway
    The difference there is that Facebook was built as a college networking system only. They did eventually branch out, and rather quickly once the general public got wind of it. It sucks now, but it's great for setting up meet ups with friends (larger groups), keeping up with your relatives, finding out what dick holes old High School acquaintances are now, finding out which relatives are horrible people inside, what that weird kid that set himself on fire in Home Education is up to, comparing your accomplishments to others in an easily staged and manipulated environment, and many more wonderful things in the connected but disconnected world we live in!