Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Breaking News: Elderly Lousiana Redneck is a Homophobic Racist

:monster:

I don't think it's contradictory to think corporations have too much control over the public discourse and still not really feel particularly bothered by, or even gladdened by, Robertson's suspension. The simple fact is that this is how capitalism works and a rather large number of people are only bothered by it when it results in the stifling of views they hold or sympathise with. Meanwhile, companies tend to be rather unpleasant institutions but there's nothing wrong with disliking them on principle but applauding them when they shut down bigotry or stand up for the little guy.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am actually kind of heartbroken over how numerous and how loud the voices screaming "But he's just a Christian man!" are. As though these are "just Christian views." Is this still what mainstream Christianity is in America? Cracker Barrel pulled all their DD merch and then caved because all the "Christians" yelled at them. I made the mistake of reading a few tweets with #crackerbarrel and now am like in a pit of depression over it.