Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Elderly Lousiana Redneck is a Homophobic Racist

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Breaking News: Elderly Lousiana Redneck is a Homophobic Racist

Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson is known for being a born again Christian. You know, the type that doesn't regret all the things he did as a violent addict because "That was Old Phil. He's dead."

So people were apparently shocked when he listed who he thinks is going to hell, for some reason choosing to top his list with homos, because I'm guessing they're the real scourge of the nation:

Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men," he tells reporter Drew Magary. "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right.

[...]

It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me. I'm just thinking: There's more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical.
    He then dug the whole deeper by giving a little speech about how great Jim Crow laws were for black people:

I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once," the reality star said of growing up in pre-Civil-Rights-era Louisiana. "Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field ... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people' — not a word!

Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.
    So he's "suspended" from his show. Which really means A&E is giving him a little wrist-slap to protect their image and keep the publicity going. This freaking Boycott A&E Until Phil is Back page on Facebook is getting like 40 'likes' a second.

And, yes, my dad and I are arguing about this right now. Favorite quote so far, from my dad:

It may be ok to be gay, but progressives are going to have to understand this: It's also ok to NOT be gay.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What is this show?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I watched one episode of this show to see what the fuss was about and I legit don't understand it. Don't understand the appeal, don't understand what the show is even about, don't understand ANY of it. In the episode I watched, they were sitting around in an office talking about duck calls. I mean, wtf? It's mind-boggling and boring as all hell.

None of this makes any sense to me. Why do people care??

Blog Entries

I mean.. Sure, maybe it wasn't right for him word some of that stuff the way he did, but he's entitled to his opinion.

I don't think he's necessarily defending that law, based on the quote.. I think he's just saying that that's what he saw around him. He didn't see a bunch of black people complaining about not having rights. He never actually -saw- any beatings or sexual assaults that occurred. It's a show of pure ignorance. He probably never heard them complain because -he- was there with them. This may be way off base, and I apologize if it is or I come off sounding sideways.. But I think that they -wouldn't- have talked to him about things like that -because- he's white... Regardless of his being poor.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never seen this show, but all of the conservative hicks and trash and up here in North Idaho eat it up like it's birthday cake. There is an entire store within Walmart here devoted to this Duck Dynasty trout.

Completely and utterly non-surprising that he feels this way. The others probably do as well and are just smart enough to keep their traps shut about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

-smiles and pats Phil Robertson on the head- You just go right on believing that.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    It may be ok to be gay, but progressives are going to have to understand this: It's also ok to NOT be gay.
    Disagree.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually quite like the show. I mean, I've only seen a few episodes, but for the most part they seem to be a fun, nice family. And the show is heavily scripted so it's most like an episode of a sitcom.

The episode I saw that I really liked was about Uncle Si having bad luck with hunting dogs. And then he got a poodle and everyone made fun of him, but that poodle was the best hunting dog he ever had. It was cute.

It's mostly just weird to see people up-in-arms that "A&E is silencing Christians!" And by "weird" I mean sad that so many people believe telling people they're going to hell is simply the Christian thing to do.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

What bothers me the most about this is people claim that somehow A&E is violating his free speech right. Just like he has a right to speak his mind A&E has the right to respond as they see fit (within the law). Free speech doesn't mean you can say what you want and everyone has to accept it.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

there's Duck Dynasty crap in -every- Wal Mart.

I saw a whatever the son's name is Chia Pet in the Garden Center yesterday when we were picking up our Charlie Brown ass Giftmas tree...

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    I saw a whatever the son's name is Chia Pet in the Garden Center yesterday
    That was my white elephant gift this year.
    Figaro Castle

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

His second paragraph just sounds like the misinformed beliefs that most people who are against homosexual marriage have about homosexuality being entirely about sex.

The first paragraph is a little worse, but I'm going to choose to believe it's a rant coming from an old fart who is stuck in what he was taught, and views anything else as anarchy.
    The racial paragraph seems like an open and shut case of not knowing when to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    What bothers me the most about this is people claim that somehow A&E is violating his free speech right. Just like he has a right to speak his mind A&E has the right to respond as they see fit (within the law). Free speech doesn't mean you can say what you want and everyone has to accept it.
    If people in this country actually understood their own constitutional rights, this place would be much different than it is.

What bothers me the most is that this trout isn't news. A bigot being a bigot should not be one of the most talked about things on the internet right now.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    If people in this country actually understood their own constitutional rights, this place would be much different than it is.

What bothers me the most is that this trout isn't news. A bigot being a bigot should not be one of the most talked about things on the internet right now.
    And yet that's basically the only time you show up.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post

The controversy over how far our freedom of speech should extend and whether or not condemning homosexuality is still mainstream Christianity is news.