Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So i just found the old FF7 Advent Children DVD

Default So i just found the old FF7 Advent Children DVD

This reminds me of the good old days as a teenager when i just found a kickass movie and burned it on a DVD and watched it, and i am so gonna watch this tonight.
    Compared to the game its not as good, but this movie made me want to play the game anyways, besides the action is pretty fun in the movie, especially at the end

How about you? What do you think of the movie?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Moved this into the FF7 forum for you. Remember to post all your threads in the appropriate place!

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Moved this into the FF7 forum for you. Remember to post all your threads in the appropriate place!
    Really?. Even if its about the movie and not the game itself.
    Sorry, i will remember it in the future though

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's okay for what it sets out to be, just a fun CGI action fest focusing on the few things that the majority of the fanbase (I'm guessing guys) latched onto where the original game was concerned and the Complete edition available for Blu Ray really lets it come full circle (Reno and Rude were great in this). And while I don't pretend to be an expert on the grieving process (SPOILER)would a person STILL be mourning the loss of a love one two years later to the extent Cloud is in this movie? It makes me feel like he just loss her with how that's developed, I know there'd always be a hole there but I would've thought by then the more major grief would have been worked past by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    It's okay for what it sets out to be, just a fun CGI action fest focusing on the few things that the majority of the fanbase (I'm guessing guys) latched onto where the original game was concerned and the Complete edition available for Blu Ray really lets it come full circle (Reno and Rude were great in this). And while I don't pretend to be an expert on the grieving process (SPOILER)would a person STILL be mourning the loss of a love one two years later to the extent Cloud is in this movie? It makes me feel like he just loss her with how that's developed, I know there'd always be a hole there but I would've thought by then the more major grief would have been worked past by now.
    True that.
    I think its just a really great CGI made action fantasy, i mean they fly for the most part but i think what they put forth it really made this fun to watch, for example the motorcycle scene and the fight scenes in general.

But yeah, i think FF7 ending of the game itself made it obvious that it was finished, so i would guess it would've been over, atleast sorta like, its time to move on. But i guess they had to put forth a plot that would work, so i will assume they latched that as the movie's main plot.

I mean i think Cloud is portrayed a little different compared to how determined leader he was in the FF7 game itself, but the action in the movie sure pays off for that, its awesome for what it can do when it comes to a movie, just sheer action fun

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

im not a critical at all, so i dont compare it with FF7.
    and honestly, i think thats the only way you can really enjoy a movie that is made from a video game or a book.

i love this movie. i once in a while watch it again.
    i think i discovered this movie about 3-4 years ago after i got final fantasy 7 and did a little more research about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I remember doing a double take when I saw Yuffie and Vincent because I never found them in my first run through of the game. I managed to get Yuffie in one play through after seeing the movie but never managed to get Vincent.

So much content that I have not yet seen. -sobs-

I remember doing a double take when I saw Yuffie and Vincent because I never found them in my first run through of the game. I managed to get Yuffie in one play through after seeing the movie but never managed to get Vincent.

So much content that I have not yet seen. -sobs-
    Ah, i used both Vincent and Yuffie to beat Sephiroth in FF7 game.
    Yeah, i mean Yuffie is more easier to get, i had to cheat in order to find Vincent, that was the only way for me.
    The movie made it sorta like that for me too, because i was wondering, where was Vincent and Yuffie, and there they are

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    im not a critical at all, so i dont compare it with FF7.
    and honestly, i think thats the only way you can really enjoy a movie that is made from a video game or a book.

i love this movie. i once in a while watch it again.
    i think i discovered this movie about 3-4 years ago after i got final fantasy 7 and did a little more research about it.
    That's the spirit, i like your thinking

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I enjoy it, I guess it's a guilty pleasure. My favorite part is Vincents new superpower.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post
    I enjoy it, I guess it's a guilty pleasure. My favorite part is Vincents new superpower.
    You mean when he "cloakes very fast"
    Vincent_Red_Cloak.jpg
    Agreed there, cheers.

Articles
    Blog Entries

He has the Spawn thing going on for him.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Niale View Post
    Vincent_Red_Cloak.jpg
    Agreed there, cheers.
    Your comment changed while I was quoiting you. You stinker.

Yeah, the ability to turn into a flying cloak is pretty neat.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Niale View Post
    Vincent_Red_Cloak.jpg
    Agreed there, cheers.
    Your comment changed while I was quoiting you. You stinker.

Yeah, the ability to turn into a flying cloak is pretty neat.
    Ouch
    But aslong as you like it, then that's fun. Its the one movie where everybody should sit together with a glass of Coke and stuff like that.
    Sorta get that mood at times :shiny:

He has the Spawn thing going on for him.
    Its all a dream