Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamespot 2013 Game of the Year is...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Gamespot 2013 Game of the Year is...

The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds!

Source

This is pretty impressive considering this is the same year titles like The Last of Us, GTA V, Pokemon X/Y and Bioshock Infinite came out and all of those were pretty well received by gam--

Let me guess, Gamespot doesn't count.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

inb4 accusations of Gamespot being paid by Nintendo for this

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds totally deserves it.

And then there is Death

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Super Rofl 64
    Last edited by Hollycat; 12-21-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    inb4 accusations of Gamespot being paid by Nintendo for this
    Heh, at this stage I don't think Nintendo executives have the intelligence to do that. These are the people who whipped up a frenzy with a 'big announcement' that turned out to be Kranky Kong in the upcoming Donkey Kong game instead of what people were expecting like a release date for Mario Kart 8, or those that use Nintendo Direct show of theirs to announce some obscure new Smash Bros character every week.

I've not played A Link Between Worlds and nor do I plan do, but if nothing else it's a minor excuse for Nintendo to be happy. The Last of Us and GTA will sweep the awards that matter I guess.

Yes !

Good choice Gamespot, good choice !

omg at all the butthurt at the comment section.
    Last edited by maybee; 12-22-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've enjoyed the game immensely and am almost finished but it's not nearly as incredible as the press make it out to be. It's a great zelda game and we haven't had one like this in a while but it is really easy and doesn't surprise me as much as some of the AAA blockbusters have nor does it have the same design brilliance of something like Dota 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    nor does it have the same design brilliance of something like Dota 2.
    You know, you never did respond to my post in the League of Legends thread where I explained why DotA2 felt like a clunky and unpolished ripoff of League of Legends.

I haven't gotten a chance to play A Link Between Worlds yet, but it will be hard pressed to beat out Fire Emblem Awakening.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well now I can't wait to play this game even more. Good think I'm getting it for Christmas.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    nor does it have the same design brilliance of something like Dota 2.
    You know, you never did respond to my post in the League of Legends thread where I explained why DotA2 felt like a clunky and unpolished ripoff of League of Legends.

I haven't gotten a chance to play A Link Between Worlds yet, but it will be hard pressed to beat out Fire Emblem Awakening.
    I felt like it would have been bad etiquette to start tearing it apart in a thread for EoFFers to find and group up with other LoL players. I also think the Dota 2 vs. LoL debate should be a different topic, not necessarily on point to that thread.

As of right now I would say Fire Emblem is higher than Zelda for me, perhaps just because it was a newer experience for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Can't really say much since I've played it, but it's nice to see something unexpected because I have a feeling most sites' choices will be either Grand Theft Auto V or The Last of Us. I really don't like how gamers a lot of times get so angry about people's opinions of games for game of the year. I personally would like to see lists that vary than everyone picking the same two or three games.

My gosh there are so many comments on that article that are complete rubbish. Handheld games have been dominating the market of fun and engaging titles for a while now, and it's nice to see them getting some recognition. But from half of those comments, you'd think image resolution was all it took to make a game good.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    My gosh there are so many comments on that article that are complete rubbish. Handheld games have been dominating the market of fun and engaging titles for a while now, and it's nice to see them getting some recognition. But from half of those comments, you'd think image resolution was all it took to make a game good.
    This is why I don't read the comment section, except for the times where I read the comment section...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Can't really say much since I've played it, but it's nice to see something unexpected because I have a feeling most sites' choices will be either Grand Theft Auto V or The Last of Us. I really don't like how gamers a lot of times get so angry about people's opinions of games for game of the year. I personally would like to see lists that vary than everyone picking the same two or three games.
    Gamespot did something like this also in 2009 picking Demon's Souls while everyone else went with Uncharted 2, I really appreciate this diversity in an increasingly homogeneous press corps.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I got this game for my birthday (two copies of it in fact yay duplicate gifts) and I think I'll start playing it today; super stoked.

I'm still waiting for a publication to agree with me that EU IV is game of the year, though!