Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does YouTube breed stupidity

Default Why does YouTube breed stupidity

Game Theory: Why Final Fantasy is Anti-Religion - YouTube
    What's next, Master Chief is a rebel? :twak:

I'm unsure of the point you are making here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    I'm unsure of the point you are making here.
    Just asking general opinion on YouTube.
    Sorry if i was a little unclear ^^

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought this was going to be about YouTube comments. Final Fantasy being anti-religion is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I thought this was going to be about YouTube comments. Final Fantasy being anti-religion is nothing new.
    Well i don't pay that much attention to that sorta details, but my main point is, even if it was, that's not why i bought the game in the first place
    You see, its just that everytime i am browsing a Final Fantasy video on YouTube, then this video breeds in the side bar, and wants the user to "Click it" kinda like an ad that you don't want, but its still just hanging around there.

Its usually the kind of, "please go away and dont bother me" type of content. I don't know if all share this view though, but it keeps recommending this in almost every Final Fantasy video i watch, i guess its bad apples i guess.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Niale View Post
    Well i don't pay that much attention to that sorta details, but my main point is, even if it was, that's not why i bought the game in the first place
    You see, its just that everytime i am browsing a Final Fantasy video on YouTube, then this video breeds in the side bar, and wants the user to "Click it" kinda like an ad that you don't want, but its still just hanging around there.

Its usually the kind of, "please go away and dont bother me" type of content. I don't know if all share this view though, but it keeps recommending this in almost every Final Fantasy video i watch, i guess its bad apples i guess.
    Did you watch the video? They're not really saying they're for or against these themes, it's just highlighting the use of religious references, how they're used and then goes into an overview of Japanese history on religion to explain where these references stems from. It's actually a pretty good video and I came out of it learning more about Japanese culture... and that's there a Final Fantasy game on the Game Boy...

I don't know what you can do to get the recommended videos changed, if anything.

Did you watch the video? They're not really saying they're for or against these themes, it's just highlighting the use of religious references, how they're used and then goes into an overview of Japanese history on religion to explain where these references stems from. It's actually a pretty good video and I came out of it learning more about Japanese culture... and that's there a Final Fantasy game on the Game Boy...

I don't know what you can do to get the recommended videos changed, if anything.
    Just as interesting as conspiracy theories.
    I don't care if they are for or against religion, the point is, its a game, its ment to be fun.
    Its like i watch a action filled movie, and missed the point of why i watched it.
    And there is wiki if one wished to know about religion in a country.
    I don't need that mixed with a game. See now i am going to think about the wrong reason i play the game, instead of story, gameplay, fun and all that stuff.
    Of course you can like whatever you want though. It wouldn't be a problem if this video didn't show as a recommendation everytime, then i would simply ignore it, and then the problem would be solved

Edit: Unfortunately, yes i did watch the video. But i am using the "shaking the memory with braincleaner to get the bugs out "= Activate"
    Last edited by Niale; 12-21-2013 at 08:26 PM.

I just watched it too. I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all, although it didn't really tell me anything I didn't know. The best way to change recommended videos is by watching different ones. I was watching some Final Fantasy Youtube videos for awhile, and in the corner it always told me to watch some guys countdown of the top 10 sexiest Final Fantasy women, and I figured it was because I had watched a few other people's top ten list.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I guess I just don't understand why it would affect your view of the games negatively unless you're religious yourself. It's just an observation and a history lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    I just watched it too. I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all, although it didn't really tell me anything I didn't know. The best way to change recommended videos is by watching different ones. I was watching some Final Fantasy Youtube videos for awhile, and in the corner it always told me to watch some guys countdown of the top 10 sexiest Final Fantasy women, and I figured it was because I had watched a few other people's top ten list.

Hmm, i guess i'm the only one then ^^

That has never been showed on my list before,
    What a strange place
    Well, that is not very uncommon either way, people on the internet has this discussion on what character they like. Also happens in series and other entertainment value that people enjoy, so i can ignore that easily :P

I guess I just don't understand why it would affect your view of the games negatively unless you're religious yourself. It's just an observation and a history lesson.
    Not at all.
    History, haha, sorry that was a little funny
    No offense, i respect your opinion though.

You should see this, accurate history, just for lulz
    NES - Completely Accurate Gaming History - YouTube

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not at all.

It wasn't meant to be funny, I was talking about the part of the video that covered Christianity banishment in Japan and how they follow a mixed of Shinto and Buddhism.

Not at all.

It wasn't meant to be funny, I was talking about the part of the video that covered Christianity banishment in Japan and how they follow a mixed of Shinto and Buddhism.
    Not mix it in the game (main issue) .
    But if it was in school and had it as a history lesson, then yeah i would love to know more.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not at all.

But if it was in school and had it as a history lesson, then yeah i would love to know more.
    They aren't mixing it in the game, they're delving into the background of another culture and where these references that are already in the game came from. There is no 'issue' creators in mediums take things from their life and it influence their works and if they were raised to think so much focus shouldn't be place on one major religion then it makes sense that that could work its way into the fiction they're creating. Every writer has been influenced by their life and the culture they were brought up in.

Not at all.

They aren't mixing it in the game, they're delving into the background of another culture and where these references that are already in the game came from. There is no 'issue' creators in mediums take things from their life and it influence their works and if they were raised to think so much focus shouldn't be place on one major religion then it makes sense that that could work its way into the fiction they're creating. Every writer has been influenced by their life and the culture they were brought up in.
    Sure, that is true, but its not like the game is preaching it, it just wants the person to have a blast, if it were then i would say ok.
    But since thats not the main point of Final Fantasy, then no.
    The only thing that almost works is "Final Fantasy Tactics", but even that doesn't has it as main focus, its the game experience itself that steals the show.

You don't play Zelda because of The Goddesses, you play it because you are a hero to save the world, you think it is fun to visit places and thats the main point in the game.

YouTube is Stupid - The Something Awful Forums
    Next time, "Mario Symbolism". See, i can make ideas too