Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your Game of The Year?

Default What's your Game of The Year?

Tori's topic on what Gamespot consider the best got me wondering, what's your favourite game of 2013?

Grand Theft Auto 5 gets my vote.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah I'll go with GTA V too. If I'm honest though I haven't bought a lot of new releases this year and have been playing games from the past couple of years.

Duke Nukem Forever. I just think its so cool so far into the game, i am playing it on hard mode, really cool experience with music

The Last of Us hands down. GTA V comes in second, with honorable mentions for Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Dota 2.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I will go with The Last of Us but that may change once I play A Link Between Worlds.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Europa Universalis IV, although Pokemon X/Y is a close second.

Of the two games I've played that were released this year, I'm gonna go with A Link Between Worlds. I like it better than Pokemon, but both were good.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I play exactly one game that was released this year.

So, Pokemon X/Y takes the title!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I still haven't finished my 2013 games but the big one that comes to mind is Dota 2, despite playing it the year before it was officially released. When most people think of Valve they think of Half-Life and Portal but Counter-Strike and Team Fortress Classic are what I will always remember them for. They've finally made another multiplayer game whose depth and addictiveness far surpasses what we expect from its contemporaries. I have 622 hours on Dota 2 and there is still so much to learn.

The only two I got that came out this year was GTAV and The Last of Us, and I have not gotten around to playing far into The Last of Us.

Articles
    Blog Entries

When I actually play a game that came out in 2013 I'll let you know. Right now the closest I came to this year is Game Dev Tycoon which became available on Steam this past summer but that's still a 2012 game.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The Last of Us. If I lived in Europe the answer would be P4G
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I've played three new games this year, but I only own one of those.

Injustice Gods Among US: Not all that much I can say about it. Most of my experience playing it came from game sessions with my tourny crew and at a game session at school. I never had the time to sit down and actually learn the game and become good at it, so it's left as a neutral state right now.

Dragon's Crown: Atlus made a really enjoyable game. I love the mix of rpg and beat-em up. The game is addicting, but it has its flaws. Not being able to pause the game when not online is unforgivable. I mean really, what game nowadays doesn't have a pause function? The game doesn't have voice chat either and you have to unlock each difficulty with each character. If you've already beaten normal with the sorceress you can't jump to Hard with the Elf even though Hard has already been unlocked.

Grand Theft Auto V: I've played a friend's copy and this game is extraordinary. It was a total contrast to the disappointing Grand Theft Auto IV. There's a crazy amount of stuff to do, but I didn't end up doing much because I was playing it a friend's I had to try and beat it as fast as I could. I loved the heist missions and the dynamic mechanic of being able to switch characters during missions. Also for the very first time, I actually cared about a story in a GTA game. It was well written and seemed like a mini series I could imagine being on TV. I heard the online was good. I'd have to try it out when I actually get the game and get my situation handled.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The Last of Us is my easy pick, but that's mostly because I haven't had a chance to get stuck into the other top contenders.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.