Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd) Is stupid, here is proof

Default AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd) Is stupid, here is proof

Proof:
    http://www.somethingawful.com/flash-...icom-faggot-2/
    Probably my last rants for awhile.
    So if you hate games and dislike fun, then you're gonna love AVGN on YouTube.

Seems stupidity is kinda the new thing on the internet, its amazing too me though

But you can disagree or agree, we live in a democrazy so, power to the people (Enlightenment is your friend)

I recommend playing a game though, its cool!

Edit:
    http://www.somethingawful.com/flash-...micom-faggot6/
    Last edited by Niale; 12-26-2013 at 03:31 AM.

sorry if this seems super weird of me or even rude i hope am not breaking any rules here but

do you make threads purposely just to express how much you hate everything popular on youtube? i am just really curious i am not trying to be mean or anything.

i am not really to sure who angry video game nerd is but i think i heard of him. what i have heard is like game theorists its a show. it is not supposed to be taken seriously it is called humour.

i am not sure why you do not understand that and why you call people out for using sarcasm. i mean not getting something is fine but insulting someone for there humour is just dumb =/

sorry everyone/anyone

i just had to ask i a m not trying to be mean at all xD

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

People take the AVGN seriously? I got the parody of the video that you linked, and I wouldn't put the AVGN on the top of the internet dudes I follow, but this parody had TRYHARD syndrome.

I don't know. I guess it's too much to ask for some people to watch stuff that they enjoy, and avoid stuff that they don't have an interest in.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I personally love AVGN. I watched through all of his videos this summer with my roommate. It's just a character that's not really meant to be taken seriously. I mean, James Rolfe in every video outside of the nerd character seems to be one of the nicest guys. His other series, Board James and Monster Madness are a lot of fun as well.

Aside from the humor, I do think there are also some super interesting things about gaming history to be found in some of the episodes, too. It's also just kind of fun seeing how bad some of the games he plays are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    People take the AVGN seriously? I got the parody of the video that you linked, and I wouldn't put the AVGN on the top of the internet dudes I follow, but this parody had TRYHARD syndrome.

I don't know. I guess it's too much to ask for some people to watch stuff that they enjoy, and avoid stuff that they don't have an interest in.
    I do think it portrays it well.
    True, we can like what we want. That's true, i am just trying to create awareness, to ask why they do think its good. Because i believe internet is a very effective tool, but much of it i think is a lack of content quality, which people are sucked into unfortunately.
    But you make a valid point on "Matter of Taste".
    Self awareness, is good in my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosteses View Post
    sorry if this seems super weird of me or even rude i hope am not breaking any rules here but

do you make threads purposely just to express how much you hate everything popular on youtube? i am just really curious i am not trying to be mean or anything.

i am not really to sure who angry video game nerd is but i think i heard of him. what i have heard is like game theorists its a show. it is not supposed to be taken seriously it is called humour.

i am not sure why you do not understand that and why you call people out for using sarcasm. i mean not getting something is fine but insulting someone for there humour is just dumb =/

sorry everyone/anyone

i just had to ask i a m not trying to be mean at all xD
    No need to appologize.
    To answer: I like to ask. No more no less
    It's chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I personally love AVGN. I watched through all of his videos this summer with my roommate. It's just a character that's not really meant to be taken seriously. I mean, James Rolfe in every video outside of the nerd character seems to be one of the nicest guys. His other series, Board James and Monster Madness are a lot of fun as well.

Aside from the humor, I do think there are also some super interesting things about gaming history to be found in some of the episodes, too. It's also just kind of fun seeing how bad some of the games he plays are.
    But do you think the game is bad because he says it is, or because you think it is.
    It can give you a false impression, i recommend trying the game and see for yourself.
    For example: I did enjoy "Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest", the idea of daylight and night time seems good, not that i ever tried it when i was younger, but "practice makes a champ"
    Its ham up type of anger, not funny because people do believe it, thats the problem. They believe he is an expert, being the spokesman can discourage the game, because of it.

What i enjoyed:
    - The daylight and night time system
    - Heart to buy weapons and items
    - Puzzle solving
    - Realism (Healed the wounds in a church to get life back, instead of a chicken?)
    etc
    Times when you've disagreed with the AVGN - Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures Message Board for PC - GameFAQs

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think this really warrants two separate threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh god, why did I even bother with this thread?

OPINIONS!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Out.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Castlevania 2: Simons Quest was only his first episode (and I guess he did a bit with it in his four part Castlevania series). Honestly, that first video is pretty different from most all of the rest of his videos. He has some valid complaints for the game, though. I don't think it's a bad game from the bit I've played, but that's besides the point. Most of the games AVGN play are terrible games or at least have a lot of easily noticeable flaws.

Even when there are debatable points he makes about a game's quality, AVGN is just a character he plays that's meant to be humorous and silly. A lot of it is stupid over the top humor, but the episodes are pretty well thought out with many hours of work put behind them.

Edit: I probably shouldn't have bothered with this thread since I don't really have anything negative to say about AVGN. I kind of just want to talk about my favorite AVGN episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Oh god, why did I even bother with this thread?

OPINIONS!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Out.
    I don't blame you
    Closing the window and doing something else is good

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The guy does what he does out of love and humor. We've all been frustrated at stupid simple failings of games. They aren't meant to be critical game reviews, to convince you to buy or play 25 year old games, it's more like staying up all night in your dorm room playing NES with your roommates instead of studying for a final, and bitching at every little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Castlevania 2: Simons Quest was only his first episode (and I guess he did a bit with it in his four part Castlevania series). Honestly, that first video is pretty different from most all of the rest of his videos. He has some valid complaints for the game, though. I don't think it's a bad game from the bit I've played, but that's besides the point. Most of the games AVGN play are terrible games or at least have a lot of easily noticeable flaws.

Even when there are debatable points he makes about a game's quality, AVGN is just a character he plays that's meant to be humorous and silly. A lot of it is stupid over the top humor, but the episodes are pretty well thought out with many hours of work put behind them.

Edit: I probably shouldn't have bothered with this thread since I don't really have anything negative to say about AVGN. I kind of just want to talk about my favorite AVGN episodes.
    You are free to like whatever you like. No worries dude, its cool.

AVGN in a nutshell "OMG I HATE GAMES"."Swears alot"

Yawn, where is a good movie and a popcorn.
    Ah there

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    The guy does what he does out of love and humor. We've all been frustrated at stupid simple failings of games. They aren't meant to be critical game reviews, to convince you to buy or play 25 year old games, it's more like staying up all night in your dorm room playing NES with your roommates instead of studying for a final, and bitching at every little thing.
    Not encouragely