Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WHAT IF THERE WAS AN FFX-3 <-- NOW WITH BREAKING NEWS CLICK

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

OH MY GOD YES YES YES

TIDUS AND YUNA BREAK UP YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Also, I don't hate the idea of Sin coming back. I know they thought the defeated it permanently, but it could be really interesting for characterization. I mean, you could explore the theme of hubris and the fact that despite Sin being reborn eternally, they thought they beat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Considering they knew exactly how Sin was reborn all of the time, and killed the thing that kept bringing it back, bringing back Sin is a terrible idea. They might as well just say to fans that they don't have any good ideas of where to go with the story, so we're just going to bring back the things people liked whether it makes sense or not. Because who needs good ideas when we can just rely on nothing but fan service?

Then again, we're talking about the people who wrote X-2 here so there's no reason to expect anything good.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It's like Square-Enix loves me. FFX and FFXIII get sequels :v

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The important question is: Will Sin be wearing a sexy bikini? That's the only way you're going to one-up X-2.

Interesting note: 4, 7, 10 and 13 all got follow ups - every third game. Place money on FFXVI-2!

Articles
    Blog Entries

In just a few simple words the entire purpose of the first two game has been ruined. The first game with bringing about an eternal calm and the second game's purpose of bringing back Tidus so the two could be together. I'm not a Tidus/Yuna shipper but don't give an objective and then make it null and void in the next installment. I hope this is just a rumor or a mistranslation.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like how everyone is super mad about something we know very very little about and could be explained with skill and drama

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I'm not a Tidus/Yuna shipper but don't give an objective and then make it null and void in the next installment.
    They are for sure not breaking up but doing the same thing as Snow and Serah - having a break and having a KitKat.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    I like how everyone is super mad about something we know very very little about and could be explained with skill and drama
    They're hiring new people?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Luna Devika (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    It's like Square-Enix loves me. FFX and FFXIII get sequels :v

^this right here is how i feel too.

and yes they are Tori ME! lol no they aren't not really not yet anyway. or so i hope.

So this is love and See you space cowboy were made for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm usually weary to the idea of making a sequel to a game with branching plotlines, but if it turns out to be a "Final Fantasy X After Story" I'll take everything back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Gwargh. As much as I love X, I'm not behind the idea. I would like SE to make new games in new worlds, not even necessarily FF related.
    Pretty much. I can't see this as doing anything but ruining the development that Yuna and Tidus made over the previous two games. Also: return of Sin? No. Way to smurfing undermine the entire first game. I can just imagine Tidus running around screaming WHAT WAS THE POINT with the angst turned up to 11. Square Enix need to find something new and fresh and I honestly believe the Final Fantasy concept is holding them back now.
    I completely agree. The undermining thing especially.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't have to be mad to point out the concept is stupid.

But I would have to be mad to believe that skill is something Sqenix's writers still have these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    But I would have to be mad to believe that skill is something Sqenix's writers still have these days.
    Kazushige Nojima is the main writer of Final Fantasy VII since 1997 and Kingdom Hearts 2002, both are two of their most popular titles today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    He was a co-writer for VII ...
    He is not the Co-Writer. He is the Main Writer together with Yoshinori Kitase. The original credits say "Story by Kazushige Nojima, Yoshinori Kitase". Also you can check the whole Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. He is as important as Yoshinori Kitase for the story. He even wrote On the Way to a Smile and everything. Together with Sachie Hirano he wrote Crisis Core and he also wrote Advent Children. The Ultimania Omega interviews and other interviews show that he is that important. Actually the credits alone. You calling him a "Co-Writer" is very misleading since he is very important for the Compilation - and also other games, except you did not mean it with a a lesser meaning but just that he wrote it together with Yoshinori Kitase, still their role is equally important for writing the story. You may not know how much some people do but still you need to acknowledge what they actually do and how important they are.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoExdeath View Post
    When Sakaguchi designed X it was evident that it wasn't designed with sequels in mind.
    He did not design it, it was the whole company and the story was written by other people of Square. And it had a sequel in mind with its end.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-28-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Is it bad that I don't care about the story and just care about getting to revisit familiar locations and characters?

For real I am super hyped for this

I wouldn't say everyone is getting mad, just pointing out the obvious bad idea, which is the only information we have to go on.

I love the world of FFX so am totally for some sort of return to that world, but as others have stated in this thread - a different time would be nice. If they want to bring back Sin then I'd say make it a prequel, maybe all the way back to the first High Summoner and their quest to finally bring piece to Spira for the first time.

That way we could also see some of the old machina cities that were destroyed over the years, and find out more about Spira's history. It also gives an opportunity for some great action sequences and beautiful scenery (with the old cities and Sin).