Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WHAT IF THERE WAS AN FFX-3 <-- NOW WITH BREAKING NEWS CLICK

Articles
    Blog Entries

If the audio drama running around the internet is any indication to what X-3 is going to be like then I don't have much faith that the writing is going to be any good. The audio drama already sounds like bad fanfiction.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    But I would have to be mad to believe that skill is something Sqenix's writers still have these days.
    Kazushige Nojima is the main writer of Final Fantasy VII since 1997 and Kingdom Hearts 2002, both are two of their most popular titles today.
    He was a co-writer for VII, and while I like that game it was a bit of a mess by the end of the first disc. Aside from that, he was one scenario writer out of many on several games at Squenix, most of them (compilation of FFVII, FFVIII, X-2, etc.) being absolutely awful. Even X which is one of the better games he worked on all over the place.

I have absolutely no reason to trust the mans ability to write anything.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

What I would have liked is a game in the future with Lulu and Wakka's child.

I hope they keep the job class system. That was bitchin. The battle style in X-2 was great in my opinion.

I don't like them bringing back Sin. If they write it well I will accept it, but it kind of seems a bit... silly maybe?

I would still buy the game though.

I would like a Final Fantasy VIII-2. It could have Squall and Rinoa's child who would be like the most beautiful Final Fantasy baby ever.

I like Final Fantasy X and everything.... but I would prefer something FF 9, FF 6 or FF 8 related so much more...

FF X has already got quite alot of attention, those forgotten Final Fantasies, are like, forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post

I would like a Final Fantasy VIII-2. It could have Squall and Rinoa's child who would be like the most beautiful Final Fantasy baby ever.
    Yes ! Or even a Locke/ Celes child or Zidane/ Dagger child

Faris/ Bartz child even

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like how you call Tidus and Yuna Tuna.

Tina

Tinus

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

That just sounds terrible. I hope that they'll just leave X alone. I want some XV info already.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    I like Final Fantasy X and everything.... but I would prefer something FF 9, FF 6 or FF 8 related so much more...

FF X has already got quite alot of attention, those forgotten Final Fantasies, are like, forgotten...
    I suspect it's because they've already done the game engine for the remake and as such want to squeeze the cash cow's udders some more.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I would play it, but I would hope it is something new that doesn't mess with the happy ending of FFX-2. I already don't like the sound of 'Yuna and Tidus call it off because Sin is back'. That sounds boring and repetitive.

I like the idea of basing it some time in the future and not involving the original cast directly as has been mentioned in this thread. A game starring Wakka and Lulu's kid would be cool!

I wonder what battle system they'd use for it. X and X-2 were like night and day. I loved both systems so I hope it's very close to either. Or even a turn-based system with full party control. We haven't seen that in FF since...well X-2!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    I like how you call Tidus and Yuna Tuna.

Tina

Tinus
    Tuna sounds the best

Don't break up the Tuna SE

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I would play it, but I would hope it is something new that doesn't mess with the happy ending of FFX-2. I already don't like the sound of 'Yuna and Tidus call it off because Sin is back'. That sounds boring and repetitive.

I wouldn't mind as longs as they fix everything and stay together, but I can picture Yuna being Yuna and being like " I'm going to give up everything, including my own life to kill Sin again "

And Tidus being like " smurf you, I almost lost you the first time, don't do this trout again "

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Honestly I would still be satisfied with the prequel Braska, Auron, Jecht story a lot of fans have asked for.

X-3 is something I could get in to, although I'm not sure how I feel about the X-2 version of Yuna just being "a dream" as indicated in the audio drama. X-2 may not be one of my favorites but I still enjoy character development

This X HD remake is the perfect catalyst to get people excited about a sequel

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Honestly I would still be satisfied with the prequel Braska, Auron, Jecht story a lot of fans have asked for.
    As much as I like those three characters, I don't think that should ever be made into a game. We know most of that story as a lot of their key moments were either retold or shown through spheres, and more importantly - we know how it ends. While it's a nice story I think retelling it or making a full blown game from it would be a wasted excercise.

Wholeheartedly against this. When Sakaguchi designed X it was evident that it wasn't designed with sequels in mind. The game tied up nicely; in traditional Final Fantasy fashion there were things open to interpretation but that should be expected by now. X-2 to me was nothing but unnecessary substance-less fanservice which I'd rather do without. I can only imagine I'll dislike a sequel to an unwanted game to begin with more than the original sequel. Furthermore it renders the first game completely worthless if Sin is back.

Of course I could go on about how much I dislike the idea of FF's getting sequels, but I will just be voting with my wallet.
    Last edited by NeoExdeath; 12-28-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post

I suspect it's because they've already done the game engine for the remake and as such want to squeeze the cash cow's udders some more.
    That's a very plausible theory.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Not sure where they can take the story from X-2, unless it's a prequel following Braska pilgrimage and you play as Jecht, that has some potential.
    This was what I was going to say. If done like this I could get into it for sure, but any other way and I'll be skeptical.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

If I get an updated blitzball mini game I don't care what they do with the story.