Thread: MMOs are a completionist's nightmare (FFXIV version)

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default MMOs are a completionist's nightmare (FFXIV version)

MMOs are different from regular console games because the vast worlds have so much more to do in them that you just can't get a perfect playthrough.

I didn't play 1.0 and I didn't pre-order the game, so I knew right away there were already a few items I would never be able to have.

At some point during my playthrough I had a quest disappear on me, and that's always sort of bugged me. But I remind myself "I wasn't going to be able to get everything anyway".

Are there any quests or tasks you would like to do but just don't have the time for? I would like to play as every type of job class and get a feel for them but there's no way I've got the time to level and experience that much.

It's all I can do as it is to beat the game with my lancer (just turned dragoon!), and I'm pretty happy with how that's turning out so far

Do you do all the quests that come along or do you just stick to the main story? Maybe a mix of both?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I stick to the main story apart from quests that give out unlockables or other cool things with the thought that I'll do them when leveling another class.

I probably won't.