Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default FINAL FANTASY XI: 11th Vana'versary Events

Hey weary adventurer. Have you been lost on your travels? Do you feel like something is missing? Would you like to return home? Well, friend, Square Enix would love to welcome you back home to Vana'diel to celebrate the 11th Vana'versary of FINAL FANTASY XI!

As part of the celebrations, Square Enix are offering users some pretty perky benefits:

The Vana'diel Experience Campaign
    From Tuesday, 10th December 2013 at 3:00pm (GMT) to Monday, 23rd December 2013 2:59 (GMT) all currently inactive players will be able to play the game for FREE. Yes, absolutely, no holds barred, FREE! If you have an inactive account, all you need to do to avail of this free gametime is to simply, just login!

There is one major catch though, I lied! Only PlayOnline accounts that have been transferred to a Square Enix account are eligible. So if you haven't played in quite some time, your account may not be eligible. However, the next offer may entice you back!

FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition Free Trial

From Friday, 6th December 2013 at 3:00pm (GMT) until Monday, 23rd December at 2:59pm (GMT) anyone can download a free trial version of the FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition! This trial includes every expansion from Rise of the Zilart right up until the latest one, Seekers of Adoulin.

Simply download the following files into one folder:

Once everything has finished downloading, run FFXISETUP.exe to install, and away you go!

But wait, there's more!

Square Enix has also recently deployed a patch for FINAL FANTASY XI that adds a host of new features:

The Trust System
    The all-new Trust system allows players to request the aid of famous Vana'dielian characters from the storyline. The likes of Nanaa Mihgo, Naji, Curilla and other renowned NPCs will be available to fight alongside players and join them on their adventures. For more details, click here!

Record of Eminence
    Players can now obtain various rewards for completing objectives whilst on the go. These objectives can range from fun and silly events to exceedingly difficult challenges that will put players skills to the test. Beyond this there are also special, time-limited challenges that can only be undertaken at specific times. In total there's over 160 objectives that allows players to mix and match and play at their own pace. For more details, click here!

Relive Battles of the Past
    High-tier mission battlefields have arrived and the enemies within are more powerful and menacing than every before. Players can relive memories of the past by fighting nostalgic foes with newfound strength in the Divine Might and Ark Angel battles. Of course, to the victor go the spoils and there's certainly no shortage of phat lewt awaiting successful challengers. For more details, click here!

The Collaboration Project
    In celebration of Dragon Quest X Online's first anniversary and the successful launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, some new but familiar creatures are arriving in Vana'diel. Slimes from Dragon Quest and Spriggans from FINAL FANTASY XIV are abound, help them during their stay and you'll receive a plethora of special items to celeberate the occassion. For more details, click here!

For full list of all the updates in the latest patch, click here!

Will you journey back to Vana'diel to celebrate the 11th Vana'versary? Has this piqued your interest in the game for the first time? Or perhaps you're more at home in Eorzea? Let me know!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The first time I read this I thought new players could get in on this as well for the limited time in December. I figured the Vana'diel experience campaign was for veterans but I saw "download a free trial of the complete edition" and jumped the gun. Unfortunately as you said a pre existing PlayOnline account is required D:

I spent a few hours downloading this only to be hit with the screen of "transfer your playonline etc etc to a squareenix account etc etc". Well, it was worth a shot. I saw some really cool artwork in the process.