Thread: Installing Final Fantasy 14 on PS3

Default Installing Final Fantasy 14 on PS3

Hi, I'm currently installing FFXIV onto my PS3, but am worried about something. I allowed the disc to install the game onto my PC, and then the disc followed up with asking me to update or something like that (didn't read everything properly because I didn't think I'd have any issues). Anyway, my PS3 didn't have enough HDD space so I couldn't go ahead with the download, so I just went to the next screen where you download the actual game from the FFXIV servers. I basically want to know how important this update was, if anyone knows, and how do I install it where I couldn't before? From reading on the game manual it may be the launcher updates. Thanks in advance.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

If it's a launcher update or some other patch for the client, it'll probably keep asking you to download+install the updates until you do. You generally can't play an MMO unless you're patched up to the latest version of the client.

Default So far...

I haven't been asked to download anything apart from the three game files and everything seems to be working fine. Not sure if there is an updater or anything with this game or bonus content. I'll just have to see if I have any issues. Only issues I am having at the moment is trying to figure out controls etc.