Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of Community

Default The Return of Community

So.... as many of you on here may or may not know, Community, the NBC comedy returns on January 2nd after an extremely uneven, some would even say disaster of a 4th season. Creator/mastermind/insane person Dan Harmon returns to the fold this time around and has already been talking about making Season 4 a distant memory. I had the good fortune to get a pre-screening of the first episode of this season and all I will say is, Harmon was sorely missed. That spark of insanity that also is what made the show so unique seems to have returned and while I don't want to jinx anything, I think the show we all loved may just get its mojo back.

So, for all you Human Beings out there, what do you hope we see this season? Are you willing to give it another shot? Or did you enjoy Season 4 and don't understand the hubbub around Harmon's return? Or do you think the show has been Britta'd beyond repair?

Dean ya later!

Take care all.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm very excited for this. I dropped off during season 4, not because it was super horrible or anything, it just lost the charm that made me keep watching.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    while I don't want to jinx anything
    Too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I only started watching recently since they've been playing reruns on 38 The Spot. Not sure which episodes are Season 4 or if I would really notice much change. I've enjoyed what I seen of it so far so if I can remember the time and everything I'll tune in to watch it.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I'm excited! Especially with Dan Harmon back.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Season 4 was the worst of the bunch sure, but a bad season of Community is still better than a good season of most other shows.

Looking forward to see what Season 5 brings. Ever closer to 'six seasons and a movie'!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

The start of S4 was dreadful but I stuck through it and it settled on average towards the middle and end. Cant wait for S5 to bring it back to being streets ahead
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Streets Ahead - Community Rap

I'm not sure if that music video is insane or brilliant. Probably both. Kind of reminds me of a gimmick poster on AVClub who does rappin' Jake Sisko for Deep Space nine updates.

I have high hopes for this season, not just because it can't be worse then season 4 or because Harmon is back, but because Jonathan FREAKING Banks is going to be in most episodes and John Oliver will be back. You can't go wrong with those two. Though losing Donald Glover mid-season will definitely hurt and despite being a B in real life, I still love Chevy Chase and miss him too.

Just a few days away!

Take care all.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

What Donald Glover is leaving he's the whole reason why I started watching the show

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Season 4 was the worst of the bunch sure, but a bad season of Community is still better than a good season of most other shows.
    This is pretty much how I feel about Season 4. It's not the show's best but I did enjoy it. I think what was so massively disappointing about it for most people was just knowing how much better the show had been in the past.

Donald Glover isn't leaving, his role is just being reduced so he can work on other projects, namely Atlanta​. He'll appear in 5 of the 13 planned episodes.

Season 4 was weak, but not completely terrible. There were still several laughs and it was, at the very least, enjoyable to watch. Hopefully with Harmon returning the show can get back to its roots but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last season.

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

ichigo

Still going through season one as my friend gifted me the dvds recently and I love it! Obviously can't contribute to what I'd like to see in the new season as I need to watch more seasons though. Just wanted to share my excitement! :P

I'm the only person I know that watches this. I choose to believe I'm better than them.

I didn't think season 4 was all that bad. They seem to have a lot of drama going on with Chevy Chase. I remember reading somewhere (no source alert) that the new writers brought in were being asked to pump out scripts so fast they were writing lines on set. Considering the clustersmurf they were thrown into, they managed.

I'll miss you, Donald Glover's abs.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Here's another one, very catchy!:

Levar Allen - The Brightest Timeline (Community Love Song)

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

The season premiere is tonight!!

Now, here's my favorite fan video. This was made before S4, but eh, oh well. The song still fits.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.