Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

So, I had a thought. What if the Shinra thing is part of X-3 and X-3 is actually the origin story of Jenova and at the end of X-3 we get a teaser for a remake of VII.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    So, I had a thought. What if the Shinra thing is part of X-3 and X-3 is actually the origin story of Jenova and at the end of X-3 we get a teaser for a remake of VII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd talk about how stupid it is to link two universes of the main series together when they're supposed to be separate from each other with only certain elements being retained in each game in the spirit of the franchise. Some VII fans somewhere would probably talk about how much it sucks that VII and X take place in the same universe because they hate X.

Besides, Square has said they're not doing a remake of VII, period, didn't they? So this is highly unlikely.

Lulu became Mayor McTits so if we see Dona again she obviously runs Killika with dat ass of hers.

:monster:

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I'd talk about how stupid it is to link two universes of the main series together when they're supposed to be separate from each other with only certain elements being retained in each game in the spirit of the franchise. Some VII fans somewhere would probably talk about how much it sucks that VII and X take place in the same universe because they hate X.
    Too late, the universes were already confirmed as linked a long time ago.

As far as I know Square Enix have refused to rule out a remake, but they also haven't ever said they're definitely doing one. And honestly I'm glad they haven't confirmed a remake because they'd screw it up. This audio drama sounds bad bad bad.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Too late, the universes were already confirmed as linked a long time ago.

Goddammit, Square!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

So much hate in this house.

X-3 is going to be amazing, you'll all see.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    X-2 happened as that's why Tidus is alive again. It seems to me that his being returned in the Good/Perfect Ending of X-2 has screwed up the world, allowing other dead things to come back too.

Maybe they're pulling an FFXIII/XIII-2 where the good guys swooping in to help only caused more problems.
    I don't think it was when Bahamut's fayth asked Yuna if she wanted to be with Tidus again that prompted this disarray of the Farplane and the dead coming back. That would mean that somehow the fayth are the cause of it, and while that hasn't been ruled out, I don't think it's the case.

I think it's instead more connected to Yuna's revival of Tidus in FFX-2.5. Sin isn't mentioned to be back until the audio drama, and Yuna revives him at some point during FFX-2.5, which is said to take place before the audio drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I imagine that FFX-2 happened, but Yuna is becoming more serious again because Sin is back.
    The events of FFX-2 being referred to as a bad dream probably isn't literal; I think of it as Yuna looking at the past and being like "did I really act like that/think that way?" much like how we would if we were looking back at a phase of our life and are disgusted by it (e.g. "high school was a bad dream. I can't believe I dressed so poorly/acted like such an idiot.") The return of Sin probably makes the events of FFX-2 seem dream-like and distant to Yuna because they were based on a world where not only was Sin rid of, but more importantly, where Sin could never conceivably come back. Yuna and co. thought their "peaceful days would never end." Now, with Sin back, I speculate that Yuna's behavior in a potential FFX-3 will more resemble her personality of FFX rather than FFX-2.

I HAD THIS EXACT SAME THOUGHT.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The VII fanboys would whine and complain because that would mean X and all related characters are a part of the VII Compilation and people would argue over the technicality of the numbers claiming XI is actually X, XII is actually XI, XIII is actually XII, XIV is actually XIII and XV is actually XIV and X fanboys would act smug because Final Fantasy X is part of the VII Compilation.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

They're both good games and I think its neat to have them tie in to each other like that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I liked it better when they were all their own games, to be honest. They didn't have to tie into anything. That was the beauty of it. This is worse than when Nintendo gave Zelda an established timeline. People need to learn to leave well enough alone.

Blog Entries

...As people in the valleys often say - oh my wew. This is hilarious. It's brilliant. I love this so much.

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

ffx3.png

Art from the credits that roll during the audio drama. Concept art for Tidus and Yuna in FFX-3 maybe?

:monster:

Zelda always actually had an established timeline; it's just that Nintendo didn't release it for most of the series' existence. It doesn't help, either, that a lot of the original games got extremely inaccurate translations and Nintendo of America had a habit of just making trout up for the guidebooks and other supplemental material that wasn't part of the canonical lore.

None of this is remotely comparable to the post-release butchering Square Enix has done of some of its own games.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)