Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: EoFF GeoGuessr Play Thread!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Right, time to get my act together. More time for the Twelfth Round? Joy!

(SPOILER)
    Reverse searching the Mural comes up with the Bobby Sands Mural, in Belfast, Ireland. Hmm, I wonder who took the photos...

EDIT: Shion, am I right in saying that for the Bonus Round we are allowed to help each other?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's see, for round 12 we have: (SPOILER)murals which seem to be using the colours of the Irish flag, specific mention of republicans in one, talk of segregation for ir- in another, and plates that are clearly European. Hmmm, who do we know from Ireland? Gonna go with Belfast because reasons.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes Formy, you can help each other with the bonus round

Articles
    Blog Entries

I am totally expecting you guys to help me with this. That includes you super guessers, YERU, DENMARK, ENDLESS, SHARKY.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I am totally expecting you guys to help me with this. That includes you super guessers, YERU, DENMARK, ENDLESS.

Fixed for you. I've spent no more than 10 minutes looking around for reach of these. I'm not dedicated enough to be a super sleuth.

i already said i couldn't be arsed, jeez

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Why not try just for fun?

It's not like you're going for some prize that you've already won.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Let's see, for round 12 we have: (SPOILER)murals which seem to be using the colours of the Irish flag, specific mention of republicans in one, talk of segregation for ir- in another, and plates that are clearly European. Hmmm, who do we know from Ireland? Gonna go with Belfast because reasons.
    (SPOILER)They're not irish colours man, they're Palestinean..I thought it'd be a red herring. I was so very wrong

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    (SPOILER)They're not irish colours man, they're Palestinean..I thought it'd be a red herring. I was so very wrong
    (SPOILER)The mural on the right either very clearly transitions from green to white to orange or you need to learn to take better pictures.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    Why not try just for fun?

It's not like you're going for some prize that you've already won.
    Because I don't want my score to reach the half million mark I'm terrible at this game!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's no point penalty if you get the bonus round wrong. You just get 50% taken off of your total if you get it right.

(SPOILER)The mural on the right either very clearly transitions from green to white to orange or you need to learn to take better pictures.
    (SPOILER)It's a meld of sorts from the famous Palestinean Zindabad picture thus;

Attachment 47356

Sure there's even Arabic above it. My mistake was not cropping out the anti-segregation one on the far right and thinking google reverse would never in a million years rexcognise the Bobby Sands Mural on Sevastopol Street
    Attached Images Attached Images

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Technically not playing but (SPOILER)It's so Belfast

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My mistake was not cropping out the anti-segregation one on the far right and thinking google reverse would never in a million years rexcognise the Bobby Sands Mural on Sevastopol Street[/spoiler]
    The quote on the left of the mural is enough to find (through a plain text search) who said it and check his picture against the mural. After that it's caik walk.

And then there is Death

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)It's a meld of sorts from the famous Palestinean Zindabad picture thus;

Attachment 47356

Sure there's even Arabic above it. My mistake was not cropping out the anti-segregation one on the far right and thinking google reverse would never in a million years rexcognise the Bobby Sands Mural on Sevastopol Street
    (SPOILER)Meant the one to the right of that actually. I can see on my monitor that it looks like it transistions into red after the orange, but it all just looked orange on my phone.

But even still, some murals with arabic and whatnot aren't really going to throw people that much when the rest of the pictures don't resemble any middle eastern nation I've ever seen pictures of or heard of. The colouring really just got my mind going down the Irish road, the rest of it just kind of clinched it enough for me to give a confident guess. If I had been wrong, meh, big deal. I don't google anything. I usually just take a close look in the pics for anything somewhat recognizable and go with my gut.

As for the bonus round, I'm honestly at a loss at the moment. I can't pick out any obvious landmarks that I recognize off hand, and any other potentially identifying features seem to be eluding me if they exist. If the resolution were better maybe I could pick something out in the second pic or recognize something through the glare of the third, but I've got bupkiss for now.