Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    X-3 also allows them the opportunity to retcon Tidus back to Tie-dus and not Tee-dus.
    Why "back"? His own voice actor already called him "Teedus" in an interview 10 years ago.
    Because I'm a filthy Westerner that wants things my way.

Pi is pronounced Pie not Pee

Ergo

Ti is Tie not Tee

ENGRISH

The Li in Lightning is Lie not Lee, she's not Leetning.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

If ghoti can be pronounced "fish" then maybe the i is silent.

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinDX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    I don't know why people are so mad about Tuna being threatened
    Heh, chuckled at Tuna, nice typo.

Not a Typo, I love calling Tidus/ Yuna Tuna <3

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Because teedus is wrong

GOOO TEAM TIE-DUS~

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Pi is pronounced Pie not Pee
    Well, where I live "Ti" is very well pronounced "Tee", while "Tie" would be "Tei", "Tai" or anything like this. And with him being called "Tida" with an "ee" pronounciation it was no wonder he is called that. I also see no one calling Yuna "Yuhna" with the typical pronounciation for "u" like in "unknown" but also like I for example pronounce a "u" in my language, with an "oo"-sound. I also pronounce "Tina" "Teena" but "Tiny" "Tieny" I guess every language has another pronounciation for a word. In Germany "Sephiroth" is called "Sefffirrrottt" which is horrible.

Also Lightning is already an existing word and she is called Raitoningu, not Ritoningu so it was obvious what she is called like while Tidus is another allusion, to fit with Yuna'a name for day and night.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-31-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, were I live "Ti" is very well pronounced "Tee", while "Tie" would be "Tei", "Tai" or anything like this.
    Ditto. I've always been calling him Tee-dus since that's the natural way to pronounce it in my native language. I can understand native English speakers doing essentially the same thing by calling him Tie-dus though.

In Germany "Sephiroth" is called "Sefffirrrottt" which is horrible.
    I did pronounce him "Seff-ee-row-t" back in the day. Makes me remember the days when my brothers would make up stories of Sephiroth's brothers "Sephiblauh" and "Sephigrünh". Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Well, were I live "Ti" is very well pronounced "Tee", while "Tie" would be "Tei", "Tai" or anything like this.
    Ditto. I've always been calling him Tee-dus since that's the natural way to pronounce it in my native language. I can understand native English speakers doing essentially the same thing by calling him Tie-dus though.

In Germany "Sephiroth" is called "Sefffirrrottt" which is horrible.
    I did pronounce him "Seff-ee-row-t" back in the day. Makes me remember the days when my brothers would make up stories of Sephiroth's brothers "Sephiblauh" and "Sephigrünh". Fun times.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcCzGK5R4sA

I actually prefer calling him "Tidus" like "Tide" as I think it is cooler. Still I am aware of his canonically true "Tee" pronounciation and differ between them, of course.

I always called Sephiroth Sephiroth with an English "r" and "th" as it simply looks like it must be pronounced like this. Also he is not called "Sefirotto" but "Sefirosu" which just shows the "th" is not supposed to be pronounced like a "t", at least not for his character.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-31-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

when will FFX come to ps3? i cant really find a datum

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Day one purchase, don't care how dumb the premise is, guess Yuna found out that Tidus is only 8cm or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    ... guess Yuna found out that Tidus is only 8cm or something.
    Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    STAY AWAY FROM THE SUMMONER.
    Stay away from the summoner. Probably the greatest quote of our time.

I can't wait for this game like you all!

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

Wait, what? Last I saw this was speculation, is it actually confirmed now?

Again, it's my favourite of the series alongside VII. I'm scared. As long as they don't mess it up.. (I guess they did OK with all the VII spinoffs). I'd rather they do new stories like oldschool Square/S-E instead of adding sequels to everything, but I'll probably take it.

I wonder what the story would be about, because as far as I know (SPOILER) Yuna and Tidus got back together in FFX-2's 100% ending

Other than that, it would be great to see how all the other characters aged. I can't wait to find out what Lulu has been up to after all these years.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It occurred to me that if we were to be given a choice of playing as Tidus or Yuna it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Since we control Tidus in X and Yuna in X-2 it could be seen as coming around full circle if we had our chose of protagonist before starting the game. Then there could be a mulitplayer option that we haven't seen since, what, FFVI?

I hope the stuff with Sin doesn't feel like a complete rehash if that's what they're set on doing. I think Square could benefit from looking into Ghostbuster The Videogame. They did a pretty good job of taking elements we already saw in the movies while still making it feel like a new, original story.

I also hope they don't get rid of the dresssphere, though they'll probably end up wanting to ignore X-2 ever existed because of how many people hated it. But depending how well the dressing up thing went in Lightning Returns (I'm not sure how widely received it's been since I haven't been paying attention) it might not be a fantasy to think the dresssphere would return in a similar fashion.

A refined Blitzball minigame is mandatory.

What is this emotion I'm feeling? It's... strange...

Let us play as Wakka, or Auren and spend the whole game getting drunk off our ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I also hope they don't get rid of the dresssphere, though they'll probably end up wanting to ignore X-2 ever existed because of how many people hated it.
    It's canonical so it will never be ignored with Tidus coming back - of course a sequel to a main game is canonical but you have answered what you have meant anyway.

I don't have a problem with Yuna being the protagonist again. The whole storyline of the first Final Fantasy X was about her as well with her pilgrimmage, while Tidus had a very important part, of course.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-07-2014 at 07:36 AM.