Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X-2.5 Novel

Default Final Fantasy X-2.5 Novel

Square is really making me hate the fact I can't read Japanese. Also I CAN'T STOP MAKING THREADS.

In addition to the audio drama, there is a full-fledged novel that is written after X-2 and leads up to said audio drama. It's not even a short story like the FFVII stuff or FFXIII's Episode Zero, it's 200 some odd pages so you can forget even a fan translation coming out soon. Some vague discussion of it at the bottom of this page
    Final Fantasy X-2.5 plot summary [This is a new Nojima novel, not the FFX-2 HD thing] - Page 15 - NeoGAF

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, they know how to get us talking, I'll give them that.

This is making me wonder if they plan to do the same for a XII HD release which people have speculated is most likely to be the next HD re-release. If all this sells well then most likely.

On the Way to a Smile has 281 pages, Episode Zero has 320 pages.

So many pages are normal for Final Fantasy stories.

I don't remember them being that long. It has been a while since I read them though.

But take heart guys, this sounds even worse than the audio drama. More help from teh good people at TVTropes
    There's a lot of comments about how much they feel bad for Tidus, and that Yuna acts really cold towards him. There's a few saying they hate Yuna in the novel. There's apparently a lot of sexual stuff in it. There's a scan of one page in which Tidus tells Yuna if they get into battle he might lose his fighting spirit because he's distracted by how sexy she is. And apparently Tidus gets his head blown off by a bomb and dies (and only 2 days after getting resurrected), but he comes back to life again because he's made of Pyreflies, and Yuna has control over him.

Articles
    Blog Entries

These just have to be mistranslations, they just have to be -_-

I wait for reading it myself before I say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Square is really making me hate the fact I can't read Japanese.
    I used to go to Elrond himself for translations of those moonrunes in some comics I read.

Also by the looks of it the book sounds absolutely hilarious. I'm going to assume that the book is written by the Japanese equivalent of Matt Ward or Steve Moffat. It'll be considered canon by everyone but the fans, or hushed up and swept under the rug like that time cloud 'stabbed sephiroth from behind' to the amusement of the creepy girl fans that one laughing scene that completely defines Final Fantasy X and summarizes the post-VI games as a whole.

I've got hope and see potential in a second sequel.

There's no use immediately casting bad tidings towards it just because on the surface it seems shallow, or because disappointment is a fearful emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    There's a lot of comments about how much they feel bad for Tidus, and that Yuna acts really cold towards him. There's a few saying they hate Yuna in the novel. There's apparently a lot of sexual stuff in it. There's a scan of one page in which Tidus tells Yuna if they get into battle he might lose his fighting spirit because he's distracted by how sexy she is. And apparently Tidus gets his head blown off by a bomb and dies (and only 2 days after getting resurrected), but he comes back to life again because he's made of Pyreflies, and Yuna has control over him.

:monster:

Quote Originally Posted by InternalMedicineDoctor View Post

There's no use immediately casting bad tidings towards it just because on the surface it seems shallow, or because disappointment is a fearful emotion.
    No one's casting bad tidings toward it because they're afraid of being disappointed. People are casting bad tidings toward it because nearly all the details that have been revealed thus far are actually bad.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post

No one's casting bad tidings toward it because they're afraid of being disappointed. People are casting bad tidings toward it because nearly all the details that have been revealed thus far are actually bad.
    They haven't, though.
    The audio drama provides plausible points for a new story, and ones that aren't absolutely ridiculous, too. I think they're sturdy revolving points for a new game, truthfully.
    The novella is to be expected of japanese game novellas. Taken with a grain of salt, and flexible in application as long as the main points apply. All you have to take away from the novella is that

*SPOILER*

Tidus dies and Yuna resurrects him in a way that disrupts the harmony of the Farplane

*END SPOILER*

and even though Nojima wrote how that happens his way, you can switch in his details of how and put in your details of how. As long as the main points apply, it doesn't matter.
    If you don't like it,
    make your own story in the details.

Although the misconception about it being a drama-ey trashy fic is only half-true with the novella and not at all with the audio drama. People give up hope too quickly without getting the full story.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

This stuff is brilliant, I can't stop laughing I love the idea of Tidus trying to be suave and then having his head blown off.

I think it is weird but I have no problem with it as long as he is resurrected. Some beings in Final Fantasy can come back even after such things would happen. Actually we already had a head-off scene in a Final Fantasy. It would never happen for someone who can not reasonably come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I think it is weird but I have no problem with it as long as he is resurrected. Some beings in Final Fantasy can come back even after such things would happen. Actually we already had a head-off scene in a Final Fantasy. It would never happen for someone who can not reasonably come back.
    Well,
    it's less that he DID came back rather than HOW he came back.

FFX-3 Chat - Index

I don't want to post it here for the sake of spoilers. It's in the novella thread up there.
    How she brought him back is just so unprecedented. It applies series-wide, as well. So all the fayth were made that way.

Well,
    it's less that he DID came back rather than HOW he came back.
    No, it is exactly that he did came back. Everything else is not important for me and before I do not read the Japanese novel by myself or a very skilled Japanese reading person told me I am not going to believe anyone about certain things, especially speculations.